Jeep Commander Forum banner

Tire pressure monitor/ Tire position

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jax 
#1 ·
OK,, I searched threads for an hour and could not find the answer, so I will just ask.
It is time to rotate my tires, 6,000. miles. On My Tahoe, when I rotate tires, the sensors still go to the same wheel no mater the position on the vehicle, so I usually have the front moved to back and know the the sensor for the front tire is acutually reading the back until I have them rotated again. The only other solution would be to have the tire broke down and stems/sensors changed to the correct wheel when rotating tires.

The question is, is the tire sensors on the Commandor position sensivite, like the Tahoe?

#4 ·
After you let some air out, move it to another position. You may have to drive it a few feet for it to register. I think you'll find that the commander can figure it out.

#5 ·
I have 9 tires with monitors installed, I can rotate them around any way I want and the system works fine, you are good to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.