Offset? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Wheels / Tires This section contains discussion about wheels and tires for your Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Offset?

Hey fellas...
having a hard time figuring this whole offset thing and a wheel that actually FITS a Commander w/ the correct offset and bolt patterns....

Would this fit?

22 x 9" +35mm 5x127

I know the most common is 22 x 9.5 w/ a 40mm offset, but there is like maybe 3 brands of wheels that actually make that, LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCyou View Post
Hey fellas...
having a hard time figuring this whole offset thing and a wheel that actually FITS a Commander w/ the correct offset and bolt patterns....

Would this fit?

22 x 9" +35mm 5x127

I know the most common is 22 x 9.5 w/ a 40mm offset, but there is like maybe 3 brands of wheels that actually make that, LOL.

A 22 x 9 wheel with +35mm offest is going to be equivalent to 6.4 inches of back spacing. The stock wheels on the Jeep Commander have 6 inches of back spacing. So basically that particular wheel will bring everything .4 inches closer to the ball joint bolt. Before I can tell you this wheel will definately work or not I need to know what size tire you plan on running.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Haven't bought the tires yet, so was probably gonna go with a 275/45 Eagle GTII with these rimms.

The other option I have is to get that same wheel in a 20 x 8.5" which has 35mm offset as well (if that would fit better), although I would probably prefer to with the 22's for my street driving. (I will be buying a set off Off Road tires to swap out onto my 17" stock rimms and have the tire shop throw those on for the once or twice a year I take it off road)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCyou View Post
Haven't bought the tires yet, so was probably gonna go with a 275/45 Eagle GTII with these rimms.

The other option I have is to get that same wheel in a 20 x 8.5" which has 35mm offset as well (if that would fit better), although I would probably prefer to with the 22's for my street driving. (I will be buying a set off Off Road tires to swap out onto my 17" stock rimms and have the tire shop throw those on for the once or twice a year I take it off road)
Do you have a lift on your XK or do you plan on installing one in the future?

A 275/45R22 is equivalent to 31.7 inches tall and 10.8 inches wide. There is no way that tire would clear on the commander without a lift. Even if you had a lift they wouldnt work with those particular wheels. The wheels will sit in .4 inches further then stock and with that large of a tire you would definately hit the ball joint bolt. You would need to find a wheel with less offset and a smaller diameter tire too.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help 07Jeep!!

I do not have a lift and probably wont be getting one...

So that into consideration....I have decided to go with the 20" model that is:
20 x 8.5" (They have that in a 5x127 35mm or 5x127 20mm)
What size tire should I get with that then, and any particular brands you recommend?? (the wheel guy was gonna throw new Eagle II 's on there for cheap)
* I live in AZ, so see NO snow and do all Pavement driving

Going to buy this all tomorrow, so thanks for your help man!!!

FALC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Wheels / Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in