YB Normyl's Garage - Page 10 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
MyGarage Want to tell us about what vehicles make up your garage? Post em up in here!

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:38 AM
Points: 295, Level: 5 Points: 295, Level: 5 Points: 295, Level: 5
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 65k
Hello @YB Normyl -- the switches (Right switch 4685728AB and Left switch 4685729AB) show as compatible/correct for years '06 to '10 on every MOPAR part site I checked. The switch harness (52029319AA) shows proper fit for 2006-07 Commander and 2005-07 Grand Cherokee. After digging around to write this post I found the part number for the wiring in 08+ 68030871AA.

So it looks like for '08+ the parts list is:

Wire Harness, 68030871AA $9.27 US
Radio Switch, LEFT 4685729AB $20.65 US
Radio Switch, RIGHT 4685728AB $17.92 US

I ordered them and will share info here when I install them if there are different connectors on the column head. Attaching pic of harness.

Thanks for your original post too, a man after my own heart when it comes to vehicle mods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (6.9 KB, 18 views)

-Hank (08 XK)

Last edited by 08 XK; 08-20-2019 at 05:39 AM. Reason: added pic of wire harness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Points: 17,117, Level: 83 Points: 17,117, Level: 83 Points: 17,117, Level: 83
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Own a Commander?: No
Model year: 2006
2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
Good to see you are still around, @YB Normyl !
Thank You! Haven't spent much time on any forums lately but I received an email notice for this one.

I did notice that the 2008 has a different steering wheel harness part # but the switches were still the same. Check first to see which harness you have in the steering wheel, it may already have the Give-a-ways (extra connectors) already there.
08 XK likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,184, Level: 93 Points: 23,184, Level: 93 Points: 23,184, Level: 93
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YB Normyl View Post
Thank You! Haven't spent much time on any forums lately but I received an email notice for this one.

I did notice that the 2008 has a different steering wheel harness part # but the switches were still the same. Check first to see which harness you have in the steering wheel, it may already have the Give-a-ways (extra connectors) already there.
@YB Normyl ;

Glad to see you back & posting again;

Please update your user profile as directed below to comply with the forum rules; Thank you.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums...uncements.html

ATTENTION All Forum Members - Mandatory Requirement: Update your User Profile Information.

There are some new questions pertaining specifically to your Commander that have been added to your user profile to be answered. YOU SHOULD LOG-IN FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER. There are Member Profile Questions that must be answered with profile fields that must be filled out; They are easily accessed & viewed if you are logged in from a desktop or laptop computer - IT IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO VIEW ALL OF THE PROFILE QUESTIONS / FIELDS IF YOU ARE LOGGED IN ON A SMART PHONE USING THE MOBILE VIEW APP.

If you don't own a Commander just answer "No" to the "Own a Commander?" question and you don't need to answer any more of the Commander specific questions. If you do own a Commander, obviously, you'll answer "Yes" and then answer the rest of the questions pertaining to your Commander. Your answers will display all of your Commander's information below your avatar like this:

2WD or 4WD: 4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 86,500

To update your profile, click on your username above your avatar and select the "View Public Profile" tab and click on "About Me" and you will see the questions that need to be answered pertaining to your Commander's information.

Please take the time to update your profile when you have a spare minute, so, the newer members will know what kind of Commander (Model Year, Trim Package, Power-Train, 2WD or 4WD; 4WD system; etc.) that you are driving.

Update: this sticky announcement has been posted in every single sub-forum for over a year & a half now and I'm still seeing members that have not complied. This is a mandatory requirement for all forum members - failure to update your user profile in accordance with forum rules will be followed up with disciplinary action, up to and including the possibility of being permanently banned from the forum for violation of forum rules.

These rules have been put in place for a purpose, please follow them accordingly. Thank you.

Big Blue; Forum Moderator.

post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Points: 10,192, Level: 67 Points: 10,192, Level: 67 Points: 10,192, Level: 67
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

4WD
Current Mileage: 83k
The climate control module the knobs attach to quit working on my Commander. The car came with lower trim black knobs. I could not find a replacement on amazon or ebay. Turns out the next trim level with the chrome ring knobs has a different part number, and was flagged as not a match. I bought it anyway. The issue was the chrome rings, and the fascia texture.
post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Points: 17,117, Level: 83 Points: 17,117, Level: 83 Points: 17,117, Level: 83
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Own a Commander?: No
2WD
They usually change the part # or the letters following the part # for any change they make including a software revision. Glad it worked out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Picture / Media Post > MyGarage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in