discolover's garage/driveway/lean-to - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
MyGarage Want to tell us about what vehicles make up your garage? Post em up in here!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
discolover's garage/driveway/lean-to

'73 FJ40 "Chevota" (running Chevy small block and 4spd. trans.)


'91 Land Rover Discovery 200 Tdi RHD:


'07 XK Sport:



...and for some reason can't find any pics of the mighty Cummins?? will post when I find them.
discolover is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
Points: 1,249, Level: 19 Points: 1,249, Level: 19 Points: 1,249, Level: 19
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
eugene the jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: las vegas
Posts: 175
nice collection. i like the old fj's
eugene the jeep is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Member
Points: 6,185, Level: 51 Points: 6,185, Level: 51 Points: 6,185, Level: 51
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 59
Love the Rover. I have a 2000 Discovery II in addition to the XK. Great truck, but a maintenance nightmare.

2008 XK Limited 5.7L. 93,500 miles. 3.5"/2" Heavy Metal Leveling Lift. Spider Trax Spacers. Bilsteins. JK rims w/ 255/75 /17.
Andre is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Points: 3,838, Level: 39 Points: 3,838, Level: 39 Points: 3,838, Level: 39
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,021
i agree. cool fj.
testa23 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Love the Rover. I have a 2000 Discovery II in addition to the XK. Great truck, but a maintenance nightmare.
don't even get me started. the Disco is what convinced me to cut my losses and move on. my wife liked to say it had P.M.S. I swear I was ordering parts from England (not cheap) every other week.

actually, the week we bought the XK was the week I finally got the slave/master cyl. replaced and working, and then the driver's door decided not to open anymore! that Saturday we were driving home in our XK.
discolover is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Points: 6,704, Level: 53 Points: 6,704, Level: 53 Points: 6,704, Level: 53
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,397
How the hell do you reach that roof backet on the Disco? LOL

It looks kinda funny on that vehicle because of the raised portion of the roof. That thing would never fit in my garage with that basket up that high!

Is that Disco right-hand drive?
TR4Runner is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4Runner View Post
How the hell do you reach that roof backet on the Disco? LOL

It looks kinda funny on that vehicle because of the raised portion of the roof. That thing would never fit in my garage with that basket up that high!

Is that Disco right-hand drive?
yep, she's right hand drive. funny story about that roof rack. you know how it looks kinda funny with the Alpine roof? well, the wife misjudged a carport entrance and....well, the roof rack is no more.
discolover is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Member
Points: 6,185, Level: 51 Points: 6,185, Level: 51 Points: 6,185, Level: 51
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by discolover View Post
don't even get me started. the Disco is what convinced me to cut my losses and move on. my wife liked to say it had P.M.S. I swear I was ordering parts from England (not cheap) every other week.

actually, the week we bought the XK was the week I finally got the slave/master cyl. replaced and working, and then the driver's door decided not to open anymore! that Saturday we were driving home in our XK.
I know what you mean about ordering parts. When we first got our Rover (used with 72k on the odometer), it seemed like every time I turned the key I'd say a prayer first. For a while I carried my code scanner with me so I could read the codes as they happened. My wife thought I was nuts...

Out of curiosity, can the Rover and FJ be sold into the U.S.?

2008 XK Limited 5.7L. 93,500 miles. 3.5"/2" Heavy Metal Leveling Lift. Spider Trax Spacers. Bilsteins. JK rims w/ 255/75 /17.

Last edited by Andre; 12-13-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Andre is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I know what you mean about ordering parts. When we first got our Rover (used with 72k on the odometer), it seemed like every time I turned the key I'd say a prayer first. For a while I carried my code scanner with me so I could read the codes as they happened. My wife thought I was nuts...

Out of curiosity, can the Rover and FJ be sold into the U.S.?
yep, far as I know. us Canadians bring in vehicles over the border. ebay is a perfect example.
discolover is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Picture / Media Post > MyGarage

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome