Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I want a LIFT and TIRE section

Votes: 27 90.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we need a new "Lift" Section

12K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  a49erFan 
#1 ·
Vote for the lift for section or hold your peace........did I spell that right?

#4 ·
UberCommander said:
I would like to have a product review section. Just my two cents.
I like this idea, Lifts are general. We should be more specific, ie; "Rocky Road Lift"

#6 ·
OK, so I voted for "want a lift section", before I realized there was that second option for both lift/tire. Ha.

I really think that there just needs to be a section dedicated to "Suspension and Tire". Definitely. Things like this just don't belong in the "exterior" section, that's for sure.

#7 ·
I thought that things like lift, tire and suspension belonged in the "Performance" section - and I kinda liked it that way... =)

#8 ·
i think there needs to be a more specific lift section. that describes each lift and opinions about the lift.

i think there also needs to be a tire section dedicated to opinions of the tire you are using and the size of the tire.

on a side note, i had my commander in at the dealer for more warranty work. i talked to the service department manager, he said he cold reprogram my jeep for tires up to 32" fairly accurately. he also said that if i went with a lift i could only go as high as 3" or it would void my warranty. i only have 6K left before my warranty expires, so no big deal there.

#9 · (Edited)
Seems like there could be additional sub sections...

product review
lift & tire combined
write up & how to - this type of section was very helpful on the JK forums...
"Dub" section (while not my cup of tea, there are members that prefer a street'able ride - there you could funnel discussions like lowering, larger wheels & sport tuned suspension)

#10 ·
I think a lift and tire section would be good but maybe in a Suspension or Underbody Forum. Performance seems more for drive train mods and interior/exterior is just that.
Underbody could also incorporate skid plates, lowering kits and general suspension parts but there definitely needs to be a sticky with lift and tires so the same questions don't get asked over and over.

#21 ·
I would like to see a section devoted to servicing our own Commanders where tips and step by step instructions and ideas can be posted to help some of us do some of basic service work. I am all for the suspension/tire section as well. If there were more sections to search where topics were better organized it may help some of us.

#23 ·
the voting was closed on this some time ago. The administrators ( not moderators) have not seen fit to grant our wishes.

We need a tire section, a lift section and a few more. We do have the "Sticky"s which are posts that always stay at the top. We have used these for different How To's etc. Send a note to 49er if you see a how to thread that you think should be a sticky. He is helpful there.

I think we should start an email campaign directed at the admin to add the lift section and tire section and other sections as they come along.

#24 ·
I sent another request in today for a ""Suspension and Tires" section. The proposed discription is as follows: This section contains discussion about suspension, lifts, tires and other items located UNDER your Jeep Commander.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.