Jeep Commander Forum banner

How often you go off-road on your Commander?

• Never, don't want & not willing to go off-road

Votes: 42 17.2%
  • Occasionally, maybe once or twice every several months

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Sometimes, at least once a month

Votes: 52 21.3%
  • Often, between one to three times a month

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • Very often, almost every weekend

Votes: 24 9.8%

How often you go off-road on your Commander?

32K views 84 replies 66 participants last post by  jeep5253 
#1 ·
The idea just came up and wondered how much we are using our Commander off-road.... using it in the right way so to say :)

1- Never, don't want & not willing to go off-road
2- Occasionally, maybe once or twice every several months
3- Sometimes, at least once a month
4- Often, between one to three times a month
5- Very often, almost every weekend

Mine is, Very often ! :eek:

#2 ·
How about: Never, but only because I am a newbie and i need someone to hold my hand?

Reactions: Spring3314
#3 ·
p@55w0rd said:
How about: Never, but only because I am a newbie and i need someone to hold my hand?
Then maybe you vote for what you think you will be once you got started. or what was your plan before when you bought it.

#5 ·
The only reason my number is so low is because where I'm at, there is not that many trails, I've been looking, and hard, but so far, all I have is a 1.5 mile trail in NJ. No too easy to find dirt here been 15 min away from NYC

#7 ·
I went with 1-3 times a month, but really its whenever there is opportunity, including a dirt road that leads to "somewhere."

#12 ·
I'm off road circa 4 times a month, however its off the road now as I type as its in the dealer again with transmission problems!!!

The 20" rims I use are to go back on soon, not so much off roading over the next few months!!!

Si

#13 ·
rwmorrisonjr said:
I'm sometimes due more to time constraints than anything else.
I hear ya. I just completed my Master's - it took a while (working full-time typical 12-hours-a-day corporate job). My wife says that, rather than having graduated, I have gradualated. And that's a real pun, not her usual Chinese english. :D

Anyway, now that I have that time constraint out of the way, I have about a 3 year backlog of honeydew tasks.

#15 ·
I have not had the time to head off road lately, but summer is coming and the camping trips will hopefully start soon!

#16 ·
I went with sometimes/at least once a month but would up that number if I had time to go more often.

#17 ·
RedCommander said:
I'm never, but not because I'm unwilling, just because it's not a priority and the opportunity never sticks itself in my face when I'm out and about. So, my answer would be

1. Never

But, since you put the other qualifiers on there it doesn't apply so I'm not voting.
I should have put it "Never" only.

#18 ·
dh63269 said:
How about a "Not Yet... b/c my off road tires won't be on until Fall comes around." :p
uhhhhh ,,,, you guys all are giving me hard time with all those possible options :confused:

#19 ·
webjones said:
If you consider Forest Service roads and gravel road negotiable with 2WD, and cow pastures, as off-road - once or twice a month. So I voted at the center of the two extreme ends.
Well,, for me, going off-road is going to areas where smaller cars and incapable SUVs can't go or its risky to go there.

#21 ·
cico7 said:
I think some of you put too much thought into the question.

If you have never gone and dont think you say never.

Dont think so hard.....you'll hurt yourself! :D
Couldn't agree more :)

#22 ·
webjones said:
If you consider Forest Service roads and gravel road negotiable with 2WD, and cow pastures, as off-road - once or twice a month. So I voted at the center of the two extreme ends.

yup thats off road, theres a lot of vehicles over here that would struggle on these roads. I found the forestry roads in North Wales ( I grew up there) were a great place to learn how a 4x4 handles.

nice to see the 2wd guys get out too:)

#26 ·
I went off roading at least 4 times last year. It was so much fun! I didn't even have off road tires. They were the ones that came with the jeep. Got stuck only 2 times :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.