Jeep Commander Forum banner

Sunroof rubber seal

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mongo 
#1 · (Edited)
Aloha guys! So my friend, the previous owner lives in Pacifica and had issues with the sunroof leaking...instead of fixing it, he put silicone basically sealing it shut. I cut out the silicone but inadvertently ripped parts of the rubber seal. I've seen some people change out the seals on google but it wasn't specific to the Commander. So my question is, can someone please direct me to the right place to acquire a fresh rubber seal for my sunroof? Mahalo in advance! :bowdown:

#3 ·
hmmm..what a bum deal :( I guess my next question would be if anyone has had good luck adapting a seal made for another car or a universal seal and if so, care to share from what car etc? Mahalo.

#4 ·
Well, its worth a call to the dealer to ask what they will charge for the part. I said "may" NOT "definitely" the dealer might have trouble getting it or it will be discontinued, its worth the call to find out. Many dealers have online sales that are sold at a discount, you'll have the OME part mailed to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.