Jeep Commander Forum banner

08 Overland interior

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dhh3 
#1 ·
I was looking at the 08 Commander brochure and noticed in the interior shot of the Overland they had chrome trim rings around the ac vents. I am looking at actual photos on cars.com of 08 Overlands for sale and don't see the chrome rings.
I go to Jeep.com and start looking at their interior photos of the
Commander and quickly realize that they are all 07 photos. :confused:
Also the photo in the brochure pgs16-17 make the interior colors look so rich with the light graystone and dark khaki interior but when you look at the actual interior the colors look nothing like that photo. It's kind of bait and switch.

#2 ·
My 08 Overland does not have chrome rings.

FYI: I never saw the brochure, so can't comment on the bait n switch.

Side note: Not sure if the Limited leather seats have the suede inserts, but my Overland does and I love em.

#4 · (Edited)
walkjon said:
Also the photo in the brochure pgs16-17 make the interior colors look so rich with the light graystone and dark khaki interior but when you look at the actual interior the colors look nothing like that photo. It's kind of bait and switch.
I know that there are at least 2 different dash and trim interior colors. As far as I know the Overland does not have the chrome vent rings. Here are some pics of 2008 Overlands showing the 2 different interior trim colors. These are pics of actual Commanders for sale on cars.com

#5 ·
Another thing I remember is from this article http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1913
about this new fabric, Alcantara that was going to be used on the 08 Overland. Does anyone know if the 08's are different than the 07's? I assume this fabric they are talking about is the suede like inset area of the seats? Or is all of the leather surfaces made out of Alcantara on the new model Overland?

#8 · (Edited)
If you visit exoticwooddash.com, or autoanything.com/dash, there are all sorts of dash kits for the Commander. I installed a moulded English Burled Walnut kit. It covers the whole dash, the console, the steering wheel and window switches on the doors. Mine came with chrome rings for all of the vents. The piece that goes over the storage pocket on the passenger side even has "Commander" engraved just like the factory original. I switched out my black radio and heater control knobs with those from an '08 Sport, with chrome rings, for a nice contrast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.