Jeep Commander Forum banner

no black Overlands in my area!!

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Get Lost 4X4 
#1 ·
Searching for a black '08 Overland in my area and I'm coming up with nothing. The email response that I got from the local dealership is that if they put the order in now, I should have it by March. Going to the dealership this morning for service on the Patriot (warranty work), and am going to talk to someone there today about what the process is for ordering a vehicle.

What does everyone think of the Sirius backseat TV? Worth it?

#2 ·
sciron4x4 said:
If your children are young and will watch the limited channels currently available it would be a nice option to have. If you will not have passengers in the back seat on an "Often" basis, you would be better off with the regular VES and just picking up a movie from home or blockbuster. IMHO

#3 ·
Have you tried looking a little further north or south?

#4 ·
...it's kind of cool having a "one of a kind" sort of. There are a handful of Overlands around my area...west Atlanta, cobb county...BUT, we haven't seen ONE thats 4x4 around...except ours. All of them are just 4x2...even the new 08s I see on the lot when i'm at the dealership.

Hope you can find your black one...lousy part is, I bet it's hard to haggle on price when you order one.

#5 · (Edited)
Dominion of Bedford
1750 INDEPENDENCE BLVD
BEDFORD, VA 24523-2793
Phone: (540) 586-8221

According to Jeep.com, they have a black Overland in stock. But not according to their own website. I would make the deal with your local Jeep dealer on the exact Commander you want - Did they already search the local inventories, and how far out were they willing to go? Play a little hard to get, I bet they find one and can work out a swap. That is what I did for mine. They were anxious to make the sale and found one about forty some odd miles away.

#6 ·
sciron4x4 said:
Searching for a black '08 Overland in my area and I'm coming up with nothing. The email response that I got from the local dealership is that if they put the order in now, I should have it by March. Going to the dealership this morning for service on the Patriot (warranty work), and am going to talk to someone there today about what the process is for ordering a vehicle.

Haynes Jeep here in Richmond, VA has a 2008 Black Overland. I believe the MSRP was $44,500.

Brent

#7 ·
dealer can do a search over a period of miles based on almost anything you want to use for search. color...year....price range....have them search for you and then they can bring it in if you want it. .....I say can....doesnt mean they will, but if they want a sale....I am sure they will.

#8 ·
Unless you have a great relationship with your dealer, I might be able to help. One of my clients (and friend) owns the local Jeep dealership in Taos. Taos has many vacation homes and has a ton of out of state traffic. This guy has plenty of experience with nationwide sales. He's located a 2 door Rubicon with rare half doors in So Cal and sold it to a guy in TX.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

#9 ·
Went into the salesroom this morning while at the dealership, and talked with the sales guy we bought our Patriot from. He did a regional search for a black '08 Overland set up the way I want, and found nothing. So, we started the order process. I'm going to go back next week (probably) and sign all the necessary paperwork. I can't wait. Getting one heck of a price, too. :)

#13 ·
sciron4x4 said:
Before the $3500 rebate, it's a hair under $42.

I decided against the Sirius tv and the backseat DVD. So pretty much... it's just a loaded Overland, Hemi, 4x4, black with the dark slate interior.
wow, I would have a hard time spending that close to retail. In a few months they will be coming out with the 09's and they will be discounting the 08's pretty heavily. Remember you are over half way into the 08 model year as the 09's will come out in July. If I were you I would either wait and order an 09 or ask them for a better deal than they offered.
Ask them what they would give you as trade in on that 08 if you were to bring it back to them in a month. I bet you would be shocked.

#14 ·
walkjon said:
In a few months they will be coming out with the 09's and they will be discounting the 08's pretty heavily. Remember you are over half way into the 08 model year as the 09's will come out in July.
New model year production usually begins in July and the vehicles usually start showing up at the dealers in September.

#15 ·
walkjon said:
wow, I would have a hard time spending that close to retail. In a few months they will be coming out with the 09's and they will be discounting the 08's pretty heavily. Remember you are over half way into the 08 model year as the 09's will come out in July. If I were you I would either wait and order an 09 or ask them for a better deal than they offered.
Ask them what they would give you as trade in on that 08 if you were to bring it back to them in a month. I bet you would be shocked.
The $42k is out the door, after all the dealer fee's, etc. Really, to me, it doesn't seem bad at all. But that's just me. I saw the paperwork, and invoice is $40,741. So to get it for $42, I really don't think I did too bad. Again, that's BEFORE the $3500 rebate.

#16 ·
I guess when you add the $3500 in not to bad.
I bought my Commander new and it just hard to watch the depreciation that first couple of years. I swore I would by slightly used next time and save me 10 grand.
I want an 08 Overland but I am going to wait for a low milage used one this summer and pick it up for $30-$32k.

#18 ·
My xk was a dealer demo and I got it for 34. I saved over 10k going this route. Just something to consider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.