Chroming and Tinting and Headlights - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Interior Appearance Modifications Discuss interior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,508, Level: 22 Points: 1,508, Level: 22 Points: 1,508, Level: 22
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Cool Chroming and Tinting and Headlights

i wanted to know more about tinting the yellow signal lights and tail lights (legal or illegal) but could be worth putting on either way... it looks sick on the cardomain.com dub commander.... also i was looking for a cheap site for the chrome door handles... also what is the best step up in headlights from stock... i need an HID look......... I just cant void my warranty
and i dont want to spend a sh**load of money.... any sites, opinions, or ideas would be appreciated... thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Points: 2,061, Level: 27 Points: 2,061, Level: 27 Points: 2,061, Level: 27
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

Re: Chroming and Tinting and Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDJ5I
i wanted to know more about tinting the yellow signal lights and tail lights (legal or illegal) but could be worth putting on either way... it looks sick on the cardomain.com dub commander.... also i was looking for a cheap site for the chrome door handles... also what is the best step up in headlights from stock... i need an HID look......... I just cant void my warranty
and i dont want to spend a sh**load of money.... any sites, opinions, or ideas would be appreciated... thanks!
Well, the silverstar ultras are the next best thing to HID. They are about 50 bucks a set and you'll need 2 (high and low beam). You can do a little better if you are a smart shopper so look around. There is a thread posted here with a $10 mail in rebate for them.

The best deal I have seen for the door handles is on ebay at $59 for the set plus $15 for shipping. I have noticed though that there is a plastic chrome set and a stainless chromed set floating around so you may want to pay attention to which one you are getting.

Here is a link to a website that sells and tells about tinting your headlights and taillights.

http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php?cat=2230

I have not seen this product in person so I could not speak for how well it works. Hopefully this information will at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Good Luck! Paul
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Points: 1,532, Level: 22 Points: 1,532, Level: 22 Points: 1,532, Level: 22
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

Google HIR headlights. They produce more light than any other 55w bulb (Silverstars included) , however the color is more like stock, just slightly whiter. Love them on mine.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,508, Level: 22 Points: 1,508, Level: 22 Points: 1,508, Level: 22
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%

Talking Re: Chroming and Tinting and Headlights

thanks guys! air the stainless steel handles chromed or are just the plastic ones... a website would help if u could, but thanks a lot for ur help so far...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Points: 2,061, Level: 27 Points: 2,061, Level: 27 Points: 2,061, Level: 27
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

Here's all that I know about the handles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-20...spagenameZWDVW

The ad says the stainless ones are not chromed they are just highly polished. I would assume that the ABS chromed plastic ones (funny enough) would hold up better in the long run. Just like polished wheels that are not clear coated will soon look yucky I would think that these handles would be kind of dull after a season or two. Especially if you are in an area that will have salt on the road.

Let us know if you get a set, I am thinking about getting these also and would like to know what you think about them.

paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in