Center Console Accent Lighting - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Interior Appearance Modifications Discuss interior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Points: 344, Level: 6 Points: 344, Level: 6 Points: 344, Level: 6
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Center Console Accent Lighting

I have a 2007 Rogue and really like the overhead accent light that it has. Its just a dim light that's focused on the center console so that at night you don't have to focus so much when looking for items. Im thinking that a focused light in a low wattage positioned by the cubbyhole above the rear-view would work. If anyone has any thoughts on this or have done it please let me know.

2007 Jeep Commander Sport, 3.7L 4x4 - 2007 Nissan Rouge, 2.5L - 1972 Ford Mustang Mach1, 5.8L 351C
*Installed - K&N CAI, Gibson Cat-Back* *Wishing - Tubular Grille w/Fog Lights, 2'' Lift, Tires, LED Lighting*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

Send a message via Yahoo to alopez1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcow69 View Post
I have a 2007 Rogue and really like the overhead accent light that it has. Its just a dim light that's focused on the center console so that at night you don't have to focus so much when looking for items. Im thinking that a focused light in a low wattage positioned by the cubbyhole above the rear-view would work. If anyone has any thoughts on this or have done it please let me know.

I think these would work. you just need to find a way to mount it.

SUPERBRIGHTLED

2006 XK 3.7L V6
Slate Gray Leather, Heated Seats, Sunroof, 6 cd changer, Stock tires , and
17-inch Hulk Cast Aluminum wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods:
Interior White LED lights
Slate Grey Husky Floor Liners
Front and Rear Jeep Mud Flaps
Stubby Antenna

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

I like the single led but from the pictures it looks like it might be to bright. Im looking for something that would just cast a glow over the center console and not over the entire cab.

2007 Jeep Commander Sport, 3.7L 4x4 - 2007 Nissan Rouge, 2.5L - 1972 Ford Mustang Mach1, 5.8L 351C
*Installed - K&N CAI, Gibson Cat-Back* *Wishing - Tubular Grille w/Fog Lights, 2'' Lift, Tires, LED Lighting*

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Points: 11,907, Level: 71 Points: 11,907, Level: 71 Points: 11,907, Level: 71
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

I looked into doing this awhile back too. My plan was to drill and mount a single LED bulb in the bottom of the RVMirror housing, but never nailed down weather to draw power from the vehicle or just stash some AA batteries inside the housing (base mirror). As much as I would like the power to be integrated with the vehicle, it was tough to find a 12V bulb in the color and/or brightness that I wanted, plus the CAN/BUS system didn't lend itself easily to power tapping. Batteries would have to be changed periodically, but you would save yourself a wiring mess to go this route.
This location does work perfect for what you're looking for, though. I experimented with several bulbs (blue, white, UV, etc) and all would work depending on what look you want. Gave a nice faint glow to the center stack, shifter area, cupholders, and the mirror cast a shadow line right at the console lid. There's just enough room inside the mirror housing for an LED or two, some wires, a switch/button, and batteries if you need. Just don't bust out your windshield putting the mirror back in!

Last edited by Kansas1230; 05-14-2010 at 01:10 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the idea - will have to take a look at that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in