Cargo Area Protection
Like many Commander Owners, I have been frustrated with the options (read NONE) for good, adaptable/flexible (5 folding seat backs) and durable protection for the Rear Cargo area.
I think I came up with a great do it yourself option that gives durable, flexible, affordable and good looking coverage, check it out:
Here's what it takes:
1. Two 36X60" Grey/Ribbed Carpet Mats with Rubber Backing
2. 30' or Industrial Strength Velcro (only use the tooth/hard plastic side)
3. Small Utility Scissors & Razor Knife
4. Rubbing Alcohol to prep back of mat for glue on velcro strip.
5. 3 hours time
Here's what I did:
1. Cut the mats to fit each seat back to allow full up and down movement.
2. Clean the back of the mats to promote adhesion
3. Attach strips of the velcro on the outside edge of the mat, and several strips in the center areas so there was no bubbles or ability to shift or life.
4. Carefully lay the mats in place.
Total Cost was about $65.00, and I bought it all at Home Depot. I'm real happy with how it looks, and the heavy duty velcro strips really grab the carpet backs. These mats also have a rubber backing that will prevent seepage through to the seat back.
Last edited by Bulldog9; 01-12-2007 at 06:31 PM.