Anyone know????? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Interior Appearance Modifications Discuss interior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Anyone know?????

I have been looking for AC Vent Rings (chrome) and can only find one place to get them. AutoXclusive sells them, but they are 249.00 and Plastic...I have a hard time thinking this is the only place/price to get these....Anyone have anywhere else to get these?
Also, Is it possible to buy the fenders with the bolts in them, like the Limited's? I have not been able to find them or even if they are changeable? If so, any idea where and how much?
I have tried all of the internet and this forum....The classifieds section for me doesnt work when I try to access it, any idea on that as well......

Have a 2006 65th Anniversary.....
Thank You.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Points: 9,538, Level: 65 Points: 9,538, Level: 65 Points: 9,538, Level: 65
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Overland
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 126000
Ebay has a wealth of them. I want someone to make them in nickel to match the screw heads.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...Q5fAccessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Overland with all the options (including boulder-kissed bumper)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

The fender flares w/bolts are interchangeable with the the ones w/o the bolts, as far as mounting them on your Jeep. You will have to go the salvage yard route to get these. If you go through the dealer, the cost would be around $2,000, including paint! There used to be rings on ebay - I believe they were chrome vinyl. This company also makes chrome vinyl covers for the hinge and bolt heads on the rear window. I think they were located in California.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobula View Post
Ebay has a wealth of them. I want someone to make them in nickel to match the screw heads.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...Q5fAccessories
Thanks for the response.....I did see these on Ebay, but I think these are just Strips..I dont think they are the circular kind to go around the AC Bezel....I will have to contact them and see....The arrow only points to the actual vent part.....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
The fender flares w/bolts are interchangeable with the the ones w/o the bolts, as far as mounting them on your Jeep. You will have to go the salvage yard route to get these. If you go through the dealer, the cost would be around $2,000, including paint! There used to be rings on ebay - I believe they were chrome vinyl. This company also makes chrome vinyl covers for the hinge and bolt heads on the rear window. I think they were located in California.
Wow, 2000.00.....Definitely going to check salvage or Car-Part.com......
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
Hey DHH3, I wanted to let you know that I contacted the ebay seller selling the chrome vinyl covers for the hatch and they do still sell the Chrome Rings for the AC Vents.....He is sending me 10 of the for 20.00 free shipping.....Thanks for the info on them....If anyone is interested, hit me up and I will send you the Seller ID for ebay.....If I dont answer on the boards, you can email me at [email protected]

Last edited by bubbamits; 05-06-2011 at 07:05 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
2WD
Could you PM me the Ebay seller's ID for the chrome rings? I tried to email you, but the address posted didn't work. Thanks.

2006 Limited, Light Khaki Metallic, Light Graystone/Dark Khaki Leather, HEMI, QDII, Rear DVD, REC Nav w/09 Database, woody side, EGR hood deflector, AEM Gun Metal Brute Force CAI, tilting rearview mirrors.
“I did not enter politics out of philanthropy but rather as an extension of my own annoyance at having inherited freedoms infringed by power-crazed idiots spouting gibberish”. Nigel Farage MEP; Leader, UK Independence Party
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Points: 1,524, Level: 22 Points: 1,524, Level: 22 Points: 1,524, Level: 22
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%

JeepJorge------did you find out anything on the AC rings. I'm interested in doing the same if anybody can help a brother out with some info. Thanks and Happy Jeepin Y'all
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebirdyman View Post
JeepJorge------did you find out anything on the AC rings. I'm interested in doing the same if anybody can help a brother out with some info. Thanks and Happy Jeepin Y'all
I just sent you a PM with the info I have.

2006 Limited, Light Khaki Metallic, Light Graystone/Dark Khaki Leather, HEMI, QDII, Rear DVD, REC Nav w/09 Database, woody side, EGR hood deflector, AEM Gun Metal Brute Force CAI, tilting rearview mirrors.
“I did not enter politics out of philanthropy but rather as an extension of my own annoyance at having inherited freedoms infringed by power-crazed idiots spouting gibberish”. Nigel Farage MEP; Leader, UK Independence Party

Last edited by JeepJorge; 05-06-2011 at 08:02 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys,
The information is below for the AC Rings....They charged me $20.00 for for the rings. They said it would be 8 rings, but I asked for a couple extra just in case, so they are sending 10...Paid via Paypal and they were shipped the next day....Just waiting for them now to see how they look...Hopefully good enough to save from spending the $240.00 for the replacement PLASTIC rings I have come across.....Will update everyone after they are on...PM me if you need anymore info.....

the seller on ebay is blackmattermediagroup

They dont have a listing for the rings on ebay, but if you email them, they get back to you pretty quickly...Any questions, let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications

Tags
ac vent , chrome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in