Interior Appearance Modifications Discuss interior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,991, Level: 26 Points: 1,991, Level: 26 Points: 1,991, Level: 26
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Wood Gear Shift Knob

Newbie here:

Anyone know where I can get a Burlwood or Mahogany Gear shift Knob to replace the Original cheap plastic gear shift knob?

I have done some searching, but cant seem to find one. I don't care if its OEM or After-Market.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Points: 3,029, Level: 33 Points: 3,029, Level: 33 Points: 3,029, Level: 33
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Re: Wood Gear Shift Knob

Welcome! Good luck on finding the wood replacement. Does the knob screw off? On the lighter side, You wouldn't call it a cheap plastic knob if you had to replace it! hee hee!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Points: 1,831, Level: 25 Points: 1,831, Level: 25 Points: 1,831, Level: 25
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%

The only real wood (Vavona burl) shifter I have seen is the one in the new 06 GC with the Overland package. This wood trim package also includes the shifter console bezels, steering wheel and front passangers' window control bezels and all are same parts used in a Commander. The Vavona burl will not match the plastic burl used in the Commander without a full swap of trim as noted. This complete swap is not cheap either. Parts alone will be in excess of $2,000. If I remember the shifter was around $200. I f you want part numbers I can post them if you wish. I too want the real wood look and currently this is the only option I am aware of. Give it time and either DC or after market suppliers will provide a trim kit/shifter replacement. Also look outside the brand to other DC products(ie Dodge Durago/Magnum or Chrysler 300). They all seem to share parts that may interchange. Good Luck.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldingfive
The only real wood (Vavona burl) shifter I have seen is the one in the new 06 GC with the Overland package. This wood trim package also includes the shifter console bezels, steering wheel and front passangers' window control bezels and all are same parts used in a Commander. The Vavona burl will not match the plastic burl used in the Commander without a full swap of trim as noted. This complete swap is not cheap either. Parts alone will be in excess of $2,000. If I remember the shifter was around $200. I f you want part numbers I can post them if you wish. I too want the real wood look and currently this is the only option I am aware of. Give it time and either DC or after market suppliers will provide a trim kit/shifter replacement. Also look outside the brand to other DC products(ie Dodge Durago/Magnum or Chrysler 300). They all seem to share parts that may interchange. Good Luck.
Hey:

Thanks very much for the informative post. Would you mind getting me a part number for just the gear shifter knob? If it looks good and matches somewhat close, I may purchase it. Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango~Ridge
...You wouldn't call it a cheap plastic knob if you had to replace it!...
LMAO!!!

True, very true!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in