Any Cleaning Product Suggestions? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Interior Appearance Modifications Discuss interior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Any Cleaning Product Suggestions?

Just wondering if anyone had any cleaning product suggestions for both the exterior and interior. I have been washing my car every week, trying to keep it relatively clean. Does anyone know any good cleaner for the leather and the plastic on the interior. I have used some foam stuff in the past that worked pretty well on my other cars. It is fun to get the car dirty, but I like keeping it clean most of the time! Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Points: 1,898, Level: 25 Points: 1,898, Level: 25 Points: 1,898, Level: 25
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%

Re: Any Cleaning Product Suggestions?

REED

USE ZAINO !!!! http://www.zainostore.com. This is the best product hands down. I can not say enough good stuff about it. I have a black boat and it is a s.o.b to keep clean, water spots etc..This stuff makes her look rich, deep and bran new every time. It is made for vehicles... I use the Z5 with the ZFX then Z6 then Z5 with ZFX then Z6 then Z2 with ZFX then Z6 then Z2 with ZFX then Z6. Sounds crazy but it is really simple and you just use light apllications..check out the web site....peace Andrew

Last edited by Loffgren; 04-17-2006 at 03:55 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Points: 1,893, Level: 25 Points: 1,893, Level: 25 Points: 1,893, Level: 25
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffgren
REED

USE ZAINO !!!! http://www.zainostore.com. This is the best product hands down. I can not say enough good stuff about it. I have a black boat and it is a s.o.b to keep clean, water spots etc..This stuff makes her look rich, deep and bran new every time. It is made for vehicles... I use the Z5 with the ZFX then Z6 then Z5 with ZFX then Z6 then Z2 with ZFX then Z6 then Z2 with ZFX then Z6. Sounds crazy but it is really simple and you just use light apllications..check out the web site....peace Andrew
i like zaino too. although i recently purchased some Griot's (http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp) products and couldn't be happier.

one suggestion, if you really want to keep it nice, pick up a porter cable dual action random orbital polisher...you can find them on amazon, or most nicer tool shops. i use that w/ 3M show car wax and griot's polish and it's been AMAZING on my other cars.

if you want to save some money, meguiars products are always a nice alternative, although the effects tend to go away faster than the higher end stuff.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Points: 2,527, Level: 30 Points: 2,527, Level: 30 Points: 2,527, Level: 30
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%

Zaino's is the ticket. Good stuff and easy to use. I have been using it for close to 3 years and have not had any problems. Try some Duragloss products for the interior of your car and I can't say enough about Protect All for your windows inside and out. Protect All can be found at any RV store or Wally World in the RV section.

The Protect All was designed to be a quick wax for larger vehicles but I found it works great on windows. Kinda like Rain-X but with a lot less effort.

For the polisher I would recommend the dual head polisher from Sporty's Pilot Shop. Check their website. The polisher uses two foam heads that eliminate burning of the paint even on corners or harsh angles.

Just my two cents worth.

Bob
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%

Thanks for both of those suggestions. I will have to try them out and see what I think!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Points: 3,320, Level: 35 Points: 3,320, Level: 35 Points: 3,320, Level: 35
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I use 303 products on vinyl and plastic inside and out as for exterior cleaning and detailing I've used just about everything, Zaino product are top notch as are Griots Garage, everyone has opinions on this but what I currently use is Klasse Polish and glaze and Pinnicle souverien wax this combo has produced some unbelievable results for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in