FABTECH 3" coilover system "put on the market." - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Interior Appearance Modifications Discuss interior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,183, Level: 18 Points: 1,183, Level: 18 Points: 1,183, Level: 18
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Exclamation FABTECH 3" coilover system "put on the market."

Hey everyone, I wanted to let all the local people of the SF bay area know that Fabtech will be at the Truck Fest in San Mateo. For directions call Fourwheel parts.
They came out with an awesome system and pulled back on the selling of it. This will be a good time to let them know that there are plenty of people out there wanting a system like this. For others that can't make it, if you could please call and e-mail them on the inquire of the system. They show the kit it thier website, it is a nice kit. This the only kit that is easy to install, and can be adjusted for weight and heigth changes. I can't find what the price is, but im sure it is between and spacer kit and the Superlift kit. If it was available it will be possible to add an adjustable rear system in later, and have full adjustment from the front and the rear. "The rear really needs it." The more interst we put out there for aftermarket products the faster they will be available for the Commander and Grand Cherokee.
Like the wagoneer that came with a big block, dana 44's and one of the best trannys out there and tranfercase, not much was offered for it. More and more reveiws I ready about the Commander, they all say that the offroad abilities are great but, it comes with too small of tires and not enough ground clearence. Lets let the market know that we want the best for our Jeeps.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Points: 6,571, Level: 53 Points: 6,571, Level: 53 Points: 6,571, Level: 53
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%

2005 JEEP WK 3 PERFORMANCE SYSTEM
This system features our Dirt Logic 2.50 Coilover Shock replacing the factory strut assembly for increased ride height and greater dampening capability. The Dirt Logic 2.5 has been designed to utilize the OE lower mount with a billet upper mounting plate. Rear lift is accomplished with coil spring spacers.

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/ap...93-05xjzj.html

The info off the fabtech site.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Wouldn't you think that adding that much lift without reworking the whole front suspension would cause the CV axles to be at a bad angle. Not only that but cause wear prematurly to the front drivetrain?

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07JeepXK
Wouldn't you think that adding that much lift without reworking the whole front suspension would cause the CV axles to be at a bad angle. Not only that but cause wear prematurly to the front drivetrain?
For 3" no... they have been doing that on Jeeps for years.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 08:46 AM

Last i knew the Commander and newer Grand Cherokee's were the only jeeps that had IFS. All other jeeps in the past had a SFA. Lifting a vehicle with IFS is a totally different ball game compared to lifting a SFA. To properly lift a IFS over a few inches you are provided a new front lower subframe and brackets to lower the front differential which in theory is what lifts the front of the vehicle up in the air. Most IFS kits just lower the subframe a few inches and everything just bolts onto the new subframe which means your not really gaining that much ground clearance. On a vehicle with a SFA you really only need lifted coils and a few other parts to achieve 3-4 inchs.

This picture is to show how IFS vehicle are lifted using the new Front lower sub frame. Note how there really isnt a gain in ground clearance. That is a 5.5 inch lift kit for a Ford Ranger. The pic was taken with the vehicle flexing so thats why it is at a wierd angle. I couldnt find a better pic of the other forum I belong to.

[IMG][/IMG]

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-01-2008 at 09:13 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%

Quote:
Last i knew the Commander and newer Grand Cherokee's were the only jeeps that had IFS. All other jeeps in the past had a SFA. Lifting a vehicle with IFS is a totally different ball game compared to lifting a SFA. To properly lift a IFS over a few inches you are provided a new front lower subframe and brackets to lower the front differential which in theory is what lifts the front of the vehicle up in the air. Most IFS kits just lower the subframe a few inches and everything just bolts onto the new subframe which means your not really gaining that much ground clearance. On a vehicle with a SFA you really only need lifted coils and a few other parts to achieve 3-4 inchs.
Both the current and last generation Liberty are also IFS, some Wagoneers were IFS, M151 was IFS.

I am fully aware of how suspension systems work -- drive a lifted Jeep every day. The subframes are added on larger IFS lifts to ensure you still have suspension travel in the control arms. It doesn't have much to do with wear on the driveline. 3" does not cause issues with IFS on Jeeps because they are already designed to have long suspension travel. There is still enough travel until when you get 4" or 4.5" or above.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicontrail.net
Both the current and last generation Liberty are also IFS, some Wagoneers were IFS, M151 was IFS.

I am fully aware of how suspension systems work -- drive a lifted Jeep every day. The subframes are added on larger IFS lifts to ensure you still have suspension travel in the control arms. It doesn't have much to do with wear on the driveline. 3" does not cause issues with IFS on Jeeps because they are already designed to have long suspension travel. There is still enough travel until when you get 4" or 4.5" or above.

I realize that all of the current models besides the Wranger have IFS. I was refering more towards a few of the previous generation models. ie the previous grand cherokee, cherokee, wranglers and grand wagoneer ...etc.

I disagree with what you say about the reasoning for having the subframe on the larger IFS lifts and that it isnt due to the added wear of the driveline.

Its just my opinion but if it were me i would go with the Superlift on my Commander especially becuase its my daily driver.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Points: 1,718, Level: 24 Points: 1,718, Level: 24 Points: 1,718, Level: 24
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicontrail.net

Quote:
I realize that all of the current models besides the Wranger have IFS. I was refering more towards a few of the previous generation models. ie the previous grand cherokee, cherokee, wranglers and grand wagoneer ...etc.

I disagree with what you say about the reasoning for having the subframe on the larger IFS lifts and that it isnt due to the added wear of the driveline.

Its just my opinion but if it were me i would go with the Superlift on my Commander especially becuase its my daily driver.
The Subframe drop is for larger lifts to accommodate the CV angles. Depending on the application, most 3" IFS lifts don't come w/ a subframe drop.... which already puts stress on the CV shafts alone. The only other way to correct the angle is to lower the front differential and some kits will come w/ both the subframe and bracketry hardware to lower the diff. In other words... IFS SUCKS if you plan to lift and/or off-road the rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Interior Appearance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in