Jeep Commander Forum banner

Second row seat headrest

7K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  surfdogs 
#1 ·
can anyone tell me if the centre headrest in the second row seats can be removed. It would make it a whole lot easier to see out of the back window

#2 ·
08crd said:
can anyone tell me if the centre headrest in the second row seats can be removed. It would make it a whole lot easier to see out of the back window
We don't have the center headrest here in the US. IIRC this was discussed and it was determined that it could not be removed.

#3 ·
08crd said:
did you find the instructions to remove the other headrests? If not, try it on the center seat and let us know if it works......

#5 ·
#11 ·
head spike removal!

First post! Hello all.

Has anyone had any more luck in removing the head rests from the middle row of seats? I took the cushion off, following the instructions found on another post and was left with 2 x 4 inch spikes, which I am not sure are 100% safe :D

I could also not remove the centre headrest, although I did manage to wreck the cover that sits on the back of the seats.

I agree that this is a terrible design - good idea gone bad. I want to put some brand new "high-back" kids car seats in and they do not fit.

#12 ·
Sandy said:
First post! Hello all.

I could also not remove the centre headrest, although I did manage to wreck the cover that sits on the back of the seats.

I agree that this is a terrible design - good idea gone bad. I want to put some brand new "high-back" kids car seats in and they do not fit.
Hi Sandy, Welcome to the forum and greetings from Saudi.

the middle headrest in the second row is only available in the international model (XH), and it really sucks that it is not removable and blocks the rear view. so far no one found a quick fix for that.

#13 ·
ahmed255 said:
Hi Sandy, Welcome to the forum and greetings from Saudi.

the middle headrest in the second row is only available in the international model (XH), and it really sucks that it is not removable and blocks the rear view. so far no one found a quick fix for that.
She said the middle row of seats which is the 2nd row, not the middle of the 2nd row. I thought the same thing as you thought at first until I read it again.

#14 ·
CrzCajun said:
She said the middle row of seats which is the 2nd row, not the middle of the 2nd row. I thought the same thing as you thought at first until I read it again.
I was talking about the "center headrest"

Sandy said:

#16 ·
Brand new car - wife would kill me...

Tempting....doubt you can find one of them here. Local version is a Bangladeshi with a worn out hacksaw blade.

I'd sooner use it on the dealer out here. Useless.:mad:

At the moment I have managed to fit the kids seats nicely and then put the foam part back on the spikes til it touches the top of the kids seat. Better than it was but not ideal.

Thanks 4 the replies though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.