Jeep Commander Forum banner

Retractable Cargo Cover

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  spryan81 
#1 ·
Don't get to excited, I didn't find one but I am still looking. I know this has been discussed in the forum. I did check the threads with no luck. I see on the Jeep.com website they are offering it with select models but yet I can't seem to find a picture to see if this is something I can make fit.

#3 ·
The covers that I have seen, remind me of window shades mounted horizontally. I would think you could make one fairly easily using that "technology".

#4 ·
Well I am looking for the retractable type that goes over the rear cargo area level with the bottom of the back windows. Modifying something is an option no doubt but buying something to fit would be much easier as well.

#7 ·
I would get one is you every find one that is a perfect fit for the Commander.

#9 ·
use another donor car

As I recall, my '84 mustang hatchback had the type of cover you are looking for, and it was removable. There were mount points for each side of the cover , and it worked like a horizontal window shade. The mustang was not the only car to use this setup. In my part of the country, there are self-service wrecking yards, and a person could search through the whole place until they located something.

#13 ·
They still make it for the Grand. We just bought one for my dad's GC and while I was looking his, I searched everywhere for one for me. Couldn't find one but the one for the GC may work with a little mod. May just need some brackets fabbed up... Keep us updated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.