XK Clear Corners or (Clear Turn Lights) ??? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Points: 743, Level: 14 Points: 743, Level: 14 Points: 743, Level: 14
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to Jeepmansho Send a message via Skype™ to Jeepmansho
Question XK Clear Corners or (Clear Turn Lights) ???

So I'm pretty new to the forum and I have been doing alot of looking around and reading to see what mods I would like the most on my XK , I used the search , and found that the clear corners were very rare and only found on European or Australian XK's, well I happen to be in Baghdad, Iraq right now and have even gone as far as having my interpreters going to local dealerships trying to find these euro headlights, A mass majority of Iraqi vehicles come from all over Europe while I was working to day I happened to see 3 XKs todays and all had the orange turn lights I happened to take a pic or too so we can try to clarify that Euro XK's don't come with clear light turn signals all available input would be much appreciated I REALLY WANT THESE HEADLIGHTS!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
I would assume that there were some model year changes or the vehicle equipment code in Iraq is different than say Australia.

Can you confirm that the Iraq Commander is known as an XH or is also an XK like here in the States? In Australia & Europe it is known as the XH which could be the difference in the lenses.

Dose the Iraq model have a visable radio antenna or is the antenna inside the rear passenger compartment glass like the other XH models?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Im really beating myself up over this Ive been searching everywhere for these darn headlights out of the 3 I saw one was a 06 3.7 pictured above and the rest were 07 or up 4.7L so Im at a lost to get these things shoul i attempt calling a Australian dealer to get them I mean is that my only hope

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

I think that is the only hope. I have also searched all over. The front turn signal and headlight are one big piece. I think that is why the aftermarket industry never jumped on this. If you want a new clear signal you are getting a new headlight. My right front is cracked and need a new one. See if the UK guys can help me out.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Points: 59,623, Level: 100 Points: 59,623, Level: 100 Points: 59,623, Level: 100
Activity: 75% Activity: 75% Activity: 75%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by a49erFan View Post
I would assume that there were some model year changes or the vehicle equipment code in Iraq is different than say Australia.

Can you confirm that the Iraq Commander is known as an HK or is also an XK like here in the States? In Australia & Europe it is known as the HK which could be the difference in the lenses.

Dose the Iraq model have a visable radio antenna or is the antenna inside the rear passenger compartment glass like the other HK models?
That's XH not HK, 49er.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Last edited by jeep5253; 03-24-2010 at 06:07 PM.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

yeah I found out that the headlight and turn signal was one piece o have no problems getting a set of new headlights but where to get them is the question i think i might be searching for some Australian dealer numbers tonight because i cant think of any other options ??
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a49erFan View Post

Can you confirm that the Iraq Commander is known as an HK or is also an XK like here in the States? In Australia & Europe it is known as the HK which could be the difference in the lenses.

Dose the Iraq model have a visable radio antenna or is the antenna inside the rear passenger compartment glass like the other HK models?

that info will be very hard to find out seeing i cant speak Arabic very well and our interpreters dont know squat about cars haha but its a good point
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

I dont think Iraq will have them honestly. I think getting them from the UK or South Africa members on this site will be the easiest way. How come nobody else has done that? Nobody wants them that bad?
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

If anyone reading this thread has any ideas or solid info about getting these headlights im sure USMC and I would greatly appreciate it
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
That's XH not HK, 49er.
Thanks, fixed it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/42-exterior-appearance-mods/12158-xk-clear-corners-clear-turn-lights.html
Posted By For Type Date
Commander Bumpers available - Page 2 - JeepForum.com This thread Pingback 10-13-2016 02:04 PM