Join Date: Sep 2006
Front Air Deflector Install
I've had a couple people ask about the front air deflector install. So here it is in layman's terms:
1. Open hood, place the deflector on as if installing
2. Take a thin pencile and mark the four holes underneath the hood.
3. Use a drill and the prescribed size bit that are in the instructions and drill away(remove the deflector first), don't be scared or you'll never get the holes drilled, but do make sure you don't go through the top of the hood. You will notice when you get through the first layer with no problem.
4. Apply your rust inhibitor that came with, to each hole. If you lost it like me, grease would work as well.
5. Pop in the four plastic anchors. Make sure they are all the way in and flush with the surface or they will come out when you go to screw.
6. Place the deflector back on and screw away. Tight.
Don't forget those sticky platic tabs that go on the hood under the knobs of the deflector.
If your hood doesn't shut now, and most won't. Take a ratchet and lossen up the two nuts on the lower hood latch and raise the latch all the way up(probably will be only about 1/4 inch)and tighten up. It should close now.
Hope this helps for those wanting to install themselves.