Rhino Liner - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Points: 5,698, Level: 48 Points: 5,698, Level: 48 Points: 5,698, Level: 48
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rhino Liner

Just curious if anyone has sprayed rhino liner on any part of their Commander. I've always had an interest in adding rhino liner to the body of my Jeep for protection and am wondering if anyone has done it themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
I did not use Rhino Liner, but I did use bed liner to cover my front and rear bumpers and fender flares. You can look at the pictures to see how it turned out.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ight=bed+liner

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 12-19-2010 at 06:49 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Points: 5,698, Level: 48 Points: 5,698, Level: 48 Points: 5,698, Level: 48
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

That's pretty dang sweet Huey! I love the idea of being protected from scratches and minor dings. Plus it looks rugged...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Points: 1,489, Level: 21 Points: 1,489, Level: 21 Points: 1,489, Level: 21
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%

Hey guys,
Thought I would chime in...I've been wanting to rhino line my bumpers as well, but my commander is blue, and I am not sure about black bumpers. I found some jeep guys that used something called raptor liner. I guess you can tint it to match your color. Seems like a pretty sweet idea. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Points: 4,795, Level: 44 Points: 4,795, Level: 44 Points: 4,795, Level: 44
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

IMO the Rhino Liners are not that good of a product. I know to many guys that have them in thier truck beds and they have distroyed the liner. The best liner that I know of is Line-X, the rhino liner and Line-X are different compounds. Rhino is softer and more rubber like where the Line-X is harder. Line-X has a lifetime warranty but I am not sure about the Rhino. I think that they all can be tinted to match the paint color now. There is a guy out here in GA that dirves a FJ and has had the entire car sprayed with a red bed liner finish it looks pretty cool.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Points: 4,992, Level: 45 Points: 4,992, Level: 45 Points: 4,992, Level: 45
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
Hey guys,
Thought I would chime in...I've been wanting to rhino line my bumpers as well, but my commander is blue, and I am not sure about black bumpers. I found some jeep guys that used something called raptor liner. I guess you can tint it to match your color. Seems like a pretty sweet idea. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks.
Raptor Liner is crap. Its what I call OTC ( over the counter ) product, something anyone off the street can buy. It is thin and rubbery. It is packaged in several quart size bottles and a can of catalyst. You simply pour catalyst in one of the quarts and spray with the supplied gun. I had to do a tailgate at work , the back side only. I used a whole quart just to get a decent 2 coats on, youre not even supposed to spray 2 back - to -back coats but it is just way to thin. I would use Line X if I needed any work done.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
DBH
Points: 557, Level: 11 Points: 557, Level: 11 Points: 557, Level: 11
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

Send a message via Yahoo to DBH
I used the Rust-o-leum be liner on my XJ on the front and rear bumpers and on the lower portions of all of the doors and rockers. It went on easy (used the roller) and it worked well. I plan on using it on the XK when the time comes.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

Looks good guys, I did this on my last truck & now have this on my to do list for the commander.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Points: 6,141, Level: 50 Points: 6,141, Level: 50 Points: 6,141, Level: 50
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty1970 View Post
Raptor Liner is crap. Its what I call OTC ( over the counter ) product, something anyone off the street can buy. It is thin and rubbery. It is packaged in several quart size bottles and a can of catalyst. You simply pour catalyst in one of the quarts and spray with the supplied gun. I had to do a tailgate at work , the back side only. I used a whole quart just to get a decent 2 coats on, youre not even supposed to spray 2 back - to -back coats but it is just way to thin. I would use Line X if I needed any work done.
Is it crap because it is too thin, or crap because it did not last?

If it is thin, but will last, I'd be fine with it. I used an over the counter roll in type for my dad's YJ. It was thin, but held up. Just did not look as good as the spray in.

This guy sprayed the interior of his JK with the color-matched spray and it turned out well. But I'm still curious as to how well/long it lasts.

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...ghlight=raptor

Here is another:
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...t=raptor+liner

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Points: 4,002, Level: 40 Points: 4,002, Level: 40 Points: 4,002, Level: 40
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Yes, Line-x is the best but pretty pricey depending on where you go. If you're not rubbing you XK up against rocks you should be fine with the less expensive products.

I was thinking about taking out the wheel well liners and using the roll on stuff as a precautionary measure against rust from forming. I notice while washing my XK a lot of crap gets stuck between the liners and the body. I'd probably end up coating the rockers in liner and putting the factory cover back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in