I installed the Bug Deflector from Chrysler on my 2006 Jeep Commander, I got the package home and ripped open the sucker, all the stuff was their. I read the instructions (and it even came with pictures!!!). My Daughter dropped by and saw the kit and asked if she could help, I said sure
(glad I did, it really is a two person job) we followed the instructions and started to mount it. It said drill 4 3/16 holes using the deflector as a template. I used a Unibit, what was really funny the shavings that were coming off didn't look like steel.
We installed the 4 plastic inserts and started to mount the deflector, now the fun part, check this out one side was lower than the other. No matter what we did one side was always lower than the other side. I eyeballed the deflector and it seemed stright, but I knew something was off. I took it back to dealer and ask them to reorder antoher one, I said this deflector was off somehow.
They said OK and I got another one the next day!! We put it back on the hood and found out the holes we drilled were way off!!!! I used paint from the paint stick from chrysler on the holes so they wouldn't rust (knock on wood). We reintalled the new deflector and it installed like a champ!!! No problems what so ever, even the hood closed all right, no adjusting the latch, I asked about that when I pick up the second deflector and the service dept said they have installed them and they never had to adjust the hood latch.
I took some pictures of the finished product so you can see what it looks like installed. Don't be afraid of using a drill to drill the four holes, just don't put alot of PRESSURE on yer drill and you will be fine....
Heres the Pictures