Dodge Wheels... why not? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Points: 3,887, Level: 39 Points: 3,887, Level: 39 Points: 3,887, Level: 39
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dodge Wheels... why not?

Ok, I see there are a lot of people that are all about jacking their rigs up to the sky, stipping down everything cosmetic and making these Commanders some sick ass off roading monsters... That's pretty cool, i'm not gonna lie, but it just ain't me!

There's a lot of us, maybe a silent majority, that has no desire to do such a thing. As much as I'd love to lift it, my jeep is for my family, and that's why I bought it. I got it to be able to jam all my wifes luggage, a pack and play, a stroller, and all other necessary baby crap. other than a bored day off of work, or when I go to the beach, this thing isn't going anywhere near the wilderness, SO that leads me to the methods I'll be modifying it! I just want it to look F'ing cool! I've posted on a couple other threads about the look that i'm going for, so no need to regurgitate!

So anyways... I was sitting on the john, thinking about life, work, my jeep and **POOF** it popped in my head that Chrysler wheels, for the most part, are compatible with each other, depending on generations, and years, but not brands. I've seen posts with folks looking for Jeep SRT-8 wheels to put on their Commander, and after looking it up it sure is bad ass looking, but what about Charger/Challenger wheels, either stock or SRT-8? I think those would look WAY better than the Jeep SRT-8 wheels, since they have more dimension, yet are still somewhat boxy and edgey like the Commander itself... plus the center caps will just pop right in.

In my opinion, the wheels that come out of the factory ALWAYS look better! they're designed by the company for the company. But, even though I'm talking about Dodge Vs. Jeep, there are similar characteristics about the lines, which bleed off into wheel design. Let me know if you've seen this. i've looked around the WWW. for some pics and haven't seen ANY! I'm VERY curious, and I just might look into this swap in the future. Sh!t, I might just have a 1 of a kind! And folks, that's what it's all about... Looking different from the guy next to you at the stop light, and him saying "F**K, that's a nice looking ride!"

Last edited by GrandComPatriot; 02-19-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Points: 4,239, Level: 41 Points: 4,239, Level: 41 Points: 4,239, Level: 41
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%

Charger and Challenger wheels are 5x4.5 or 5x115. They will not fit our 5x5.5 pattern
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

LOL!!! see what I could have found out if I just did 2 minutes of research, instead of jumping to an asssumption! They would look Wicked, if they would fit... eh, for the right price anything will fit

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Points: 4,033, Level: 40 Points: 4,033, Level: 40 Points: 4,033, Level: 40
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

They could fit. You would need to buy adapters from spidertrax to get them to fit.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92807_006.htm
These will make it a little wider but will change the bolt pattern from 5x5 to 5x4.5
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

the adapters would be an alternative. No kidding, i'm going to look into this. I love those wheels, and just have a hankerin that they'd look awesome on the Commander.

Also, the new Grand Cherokee wheels fit... but i'm not so positive they would look all that great. Probably a little too curvey for my liking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in