Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Limited
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 111300
Weathertech window visors

Howdy guys, just a heads up here. I bought weathertech window visors about a month ago. Everything came on time and packaged fine but the visors don’t fit quite right. There is an annoying gap at the top edge of these that is created between the visor and the edge of your door. This gap leaves little resistance to hold the visor in place and in effect causes it to lean in toward the inside of the vehicle causing the window to hit the visor while rolling the window up. I have owned weathertech products in the past for various vehicles and never had this problem before. They also now mill down or laser cut the pieces in way that they hadn’t done before. The plastic is less thick and study then they used to be. The commander has pretty unique contuers so I know they are the right part# etc and they work well enough for me not to return them. However if had know that anytime I drop my driver window I would have to phisically push the visor over to make space for the window to pass, I would not have bought them. Small thing but defiantly annoying...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 24,021, Level: 94 Points: 24,021, Level: 94 Points: 24,021, Level: 94
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 582bronco View Post
Howdy guys, just a heads up here. I bought weathertech window visors about a month ago. Everything came on time and packaged fine but the visors don’t fit quite right. There is an annoying gap at the top edge of these that is created between the visor and the edge of your door. This gap leaves little resistance to hold the visor in place and in effect causes it to lean in toward the inside of the vehicle causing the window to hit the visor while rolling the window up. I have owned weathertech products in the past for various vehicles and never had this problem before. They also now mill down or laser cut the pieces in way that they hadn’t done before. The plastic is less thick and study then they used to be. The commander has pretty unique contuers so I know they are the right part# etc and they work well enough for me not to return them. However if had know that anytime I drop my driver window I would have to phisically push the visor over to make space for the window to pass, I would not have bought them. Small thing but defiantly annoying...
I didn't know Weathertech even made window visors.

Have any pics?

I have WeatherTech first and second row floor mats and just ordered the WeatherTech rear cargo mat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Points: 1,591, Level: 22 Points: 1,591, Level: 22 Points: 1,591, Level: 22
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Trim Package: Overland
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
Current Mileage: 123,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by 582bronco View Post
Howdy guys, just a heads up here. I bought weathertech window visors about a month ago. Everything came on time and packaged fine but the visors donít fit quite right. There is an annoying gap at the top edge of these that is created between the visor and the edge of your door. This gap leaves little resistance to hold the visor in place and in effect causes it to lean in toward the inside of the vehicle causing the window to hit the visor while rolling the window up. I have owned weathertech products in the past for various vehicles and never had this problem before. They also now mill down or laser cut the pieces in way that they hadnít done before. The plastic is less thick and study then they used to be. The commander has pretty unique contuers so I know they are the right part# etc and they work well enough for me not to return them. However if had know that anytime I drop my driver window I would have to phisically push the visor over to make space for the window to pass, I would not have bought them. Small thing but defiantly annoying...
i have the in channel visors mine fit perfectly.. do u have pics to show us exactly where your problem is ?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 06:37 PM
Points: 1,957, Level: 26 Points: 1,957, Level: 26 Points: 1,957, Level: 26
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%

Model year: 2009
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
Current Mileage: 95,500
Any pics so that we can help you resolve this?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Trim Package: Limited
4WD
Current Mileage: 111300
Thanks for the offers to help guys. I will get a few pics up in the next day or so. To be honest, there is much that can be done. Just a somewhat shoty job on weathertechs part.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Points: 7,337, Level: 56 Points: 7,337, Level: 56 Points: 7,337, Level: 56
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 3500
Garage
I've had my weather Tech's for at least 6 years, with the same issue. I just got used to it. I just can't bring myself to buy adhesive "outside door" replacements when I spent $100 on these in the past and they work well enough. It is annoying though. Only my front windows do it. The rears are fine.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 24,021, Level: 94 Points: 24,021, Level: 94 Points: 24,021, Level: 94
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkulhunterM42 View Post
I've had my weather Tech's for at least 6 years, with the same issue. I just got used to it. I just can't bring myself to buy adhesive "outside door" replacements when I spent $100 on these in the past and they work well enough. It is annoying though. Only my front windows do it. The rears are fine.
So it sounds to me like you guys are actually talking about what I call rain guards. I have the outside stick on kind and I like them well enough.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in