Has anyone tried the Sylvania ZEVO LED fog lights - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
Points: 5,567, Level: 48 Points: 5,567, Level: 48 Points: 5,567, Level: 48
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
 
msnowdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 103000
Posts: 46
Has anyone tried the Sylvania ZEVO LED fog lights

Sylvania makes a LED bulb for the fog lights (9145). They are supposed to be a direct replacement without any modifications. I was wondering if anyone has tried them yet. There are mixed reviews on Amazon. Some people had to reverse the polarity depending on the vehicle or they flicker or dont work. I wondered if they worked as is in the Commanders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foglights.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	34295  

Mark Snowdon
msnowdon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Posts: 5,165
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnowdon View Post
Sylvania makes a LED bulb for the fog lights (9145). They are supposed to be a direct replacement without any modifications. I was wondering if anyone has tried them yet. There are mixed reviews on Amazon. Some people had to reverse the polarity depending on the vehicle or they flicker or dont work. I wondered if they worked as is in the Commanders.
I haven't seen them before, how much are they?




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
Points: 2,778, Level: 32 Points: 2,778, Level: 32 Points: 2,778, Level: 32
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Evanston, IL
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2010
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 100k
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
I haven't seen them before, how much are they?

$130 pair


unrealistic
Legofan is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Posts: 5,165
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legofan View Post
$130 pair


unrealistic
I gotcha @Legofan , thanks for that.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
Points: 4,279, Level: 41 Points: 4,279, Level: 41 Points: 4,279, Level: 41
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Wombler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: California
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 113676
Posts: 103
Garage
I run these in my Fog Lights. Had them for about 8 months now and they're great. I've been getting all my LED stuff for really anything from this company for YEARS, always great quality stuff with good pricing.
superbrightleds.com/

$60 for a pair.
They have a 10% off right now, too. "SAVE10" at checkout.

I use the same brand as my High Beams as well and equally awesome.

Also- since they are LEDs, they are polarized so you have to plug them in the right way. If they don't work, just flip the plug around

2006 Dark Khaki Limited, Hemi, QD-II w/ all the options.
Inertia Performance Heads, Full SRT 6.1 Valve Train, Custom Crower Cam, Double Roller Timing Set, Trend Performance forged Pushrods, High PSI Oil Pump, ARH Long Tube Headers and Mids, Borla Catback, aFe Stage 2 Intake, AEM X-Series WB UEGO & 100psi Oil Guages, PowerStop Drilled & Slotted Rotors, MDS On Light, Kenwood in-dash Nav, HID Projectors and full LED lighting upgrade

Still ironing out the tune, need to get it on a dyno....
Wombler is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Posts: 5,165
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombler View Post
I run these in my Fog Lights. Had them for about 8 months now and they're great. I've been getting all my LED stuff for really anything from this company for YEARS, always great quality stuff with good pricing.
superbrightleds.com/

$60 for a pair.
They have a 10% off right now, too. "SAVE10" at checkout.

I use the same brand as my High Beams as well and equally awesome.

Also- since they are LEDs, they are polarized so you have to plug them in the right way. If they don't work, just flip the plug around
That sounds a little more reasonable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Member
Points: 5,567, Level: 48 Points: 5,567, Level: 48 Points: 5,567, Level: 48
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
 
msnowdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 103000
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
I haven't seen them before, how much are they?


Sorry for getting back late. Yes they are expensive @ $130. From what I understand, it's illegal for LEDs to be used for headlights. Just fog lights and off road. Sylvania also makes Zenon bulbs at @ $45. I have them in my Grand Cherokee. They are whiter in color but I dont think they are any brighter.

Mark Snowdon
msnowdon is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Posts: 5,165
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnowdon View Post
Sorry for getting back late. Yes they are expensive @ $130. From what I understand, it's illegal for LEDs to be used for headlights. Just fog lights and off road. Sylvania also makes Zenon bulbs at @ $45. I have them in my Grand Cherokee. They are whiter in color but I dont think they are any brighter.
I know traffic laws can vary from state to state - is that a Massachusetts thing?

I have LED headlights and a large number of new cars & SUV's produced today, come stock from the factory with LED headlights.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Member
Points: 5,567, Level: 48 Points: 5,567, Level: 48 Points: 5,567, Level: 48
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
 
msnowdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 103000
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
I know traffic laws can vary from state to state - is that a Massachusetts thing?

I have LED headlights and a large number of new cars & SUV's produced today, come stock from the factory with LED headlights.

Actually I read it on one of the Amazon reviews. I guess you cannot believe everything you read. Maybe it only applies to aftermarket? I dont know. I also read, but not sure if its true, that the aftermarket LEDs throw more of a beam and dont reflect as much off of the headlight assemblies so you dont get as large of a viewing angle. Again, not sure how true. Thats why I was just wondering if anyone here actually used these so i didnt rely on reviews from people with all different makes and models of cars.


I also noticed you have to look at what they purchased. Amazon was grouping together reviews from all of Sylvania's fog lights.

Mark Snowdon
msnowdon is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92 Points: 21,377, Level: 92
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Posts: 5,165
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnowdon View Post
Actually I read it on one of the Amazon reviews. I guess you cannot believe everything you read. Maybe it only applies to aftermarket? I dont know. I also read, but not sure if its true, that the aftermarket LEDs throw more of a beam and dont reflect as much off of the headlight assemblies so you dont get as large of a viewing angle. Again, not sure how true. Thats why I was just wondering if anyone here actually used these so i didnt rely on reviews from people with all different makes and models of cars.


I also noticed you have to look at what they purchased. Amazon was grouping together reviews from all of Sylvania's fog lights.
That part is very true of true LED headlights. You also have to make sure you properly clock/adjust them after they're installed to maximize their light throw.

I'm calling BS on the claim that they're illegal though. As long as they are D.O.T. approved - which most will tell you that right on the packaging, you should have nothing to worry about legally.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 07-30-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Big Blue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome