PLZ HELP! 06 Rear Bumper Removel - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Points: 703, Level: 14 Points: 703, Level: 14 Points: 703, Level: 14
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

PLZ HELP! 06 Rear Bumper Removel

I am puting on the rear hitch and for some reason the bumper will not come off. I have looked at the directions several times and nothing is clear. Are there hidden screws some where I have removed everything indicated on the directions. Please Help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
You might get some help here: https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ighlight=hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47 Points: 5,363, Level: 47
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

Please see this sticky: https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1064

Check this post to see if you have these screws removed: https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...9&postcount=54

Aside from that, you really didn't give any information so I dont know what you have removed and what you haven't

Edit: JINX!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

I will check when I get home to see if its the rivits that I have to remove. My work computer does not show pics. I have removed all the resuable rivits and the 2 rear screws by the lights as well.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Underneath on the side part of the bumper, there is a metal bar that is held in by two reusable rivets. There's one of both sides and they both have to come off. You should be able to see it with a flashlight. Good luck!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Stuck in one spot

Ok I got the rear bumper off finally there were 4 rivits that need to be removed. Ok here is one more question ran the wiring harness up to the battary the blue/purple (I think thats the color) wire where does that go? It looks like it goes through the fire wall but I am not for sure any help would be great.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
I am not sure what harness you ran. Usually the Brake actuator wire is blue according to the standard color code used most. That wire goes from the output of a brake controller mounted up front (usually under the dash and within reach) to the brake wires that actuate the electric brakes. (not to be confused with the brake lights)

This is just a guess because I am not sure if you are using an aftermarket wire harness or the factory whiich could be different. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse things.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
I am not sure what harness you ran. Usually the Brake actuator wire is blue according to the standard color code used most. That wire goes from the output of a brake controller mounted up front (usually under the dash and within reach) to the brake wires that actuate the electric brakes. (not to be confused with the brake lights)

This is just a guess because I am not sure if you are using an aftermarket wire harness or the factory whiich could be different. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse things.

I am using the one from MOPOR not aftermarket. The color you said is the color I am talking about but do I have to run that through the firewall? Do I have to hook that up? to the brake sensor under the dash?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
That wire is usually used for an aftermarket brake controller. The wire would go thru the grommet in the firewall and attach to an output from the controller (such as a Hayes controller) which sends voltage thru the wire to the trailer connector plug where a wire from the magnet on the brakes gets the signal and applies different amounts of braking force depending on the amount of voltage.

There is not a controller built in as part of the Commander. The aftermarket controller gets its signal either from a pad that mounts over your brake pedal or from a hydraulic tee that measures your brake fluid pressure or from an electronic signal from a pendulum insdie the controller.

You might do a Google search on Hayes brake controllers or other controller for a better explaination with pictures.

Hope this helps

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 05-08-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in