1 Thread to answer all HID questions - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Exterior Appearance Mods Discuss exterior appearance mods here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4,654, Level: 43 Points: 4,654, Level: 43 Points: 4,654, Level: 43
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Exclamation 1 Thread to answer all HID questions

This forum is so disorganized, and everyone chimes in asking the same questions about HID upgrades for the Commander. Some kits require resistors, while some don't, ect, ect, ect.

Please post what HID kit you went with (a link would be great), and what other things you had to buy to make the kit operate correctly. Please post price and any other info that may be helpful to people looking to do the conversion.

This information will be extremely helpful to myself and others that want to upgrade to HID, but are not sure what they will need to do it properly. This will also help us from not getting ripped off and buying a kit that won't work, or that is of poor quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

I have a factory 09 Commander projector xenon headlights on my 07.

*Need to buy a resistor and 2200F 50v capacitor and solder them to the brown and black wires right before the harness. This will get rid off the flickering.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTWNG View Post
This forum is so disorganized, and everyone chimes in asking the same questions about HID upgrades for the Commander. Some kits require resistors, while some don't, ect, ect, ect.

Please post what HID kit you went with (a link would be great), and what other things you had to buy to make the kit operate correctly. Please post price and any other info that may be helpful to people looking to do the conversion.

This information will be extremely helpful to myself and others that want to upgrade to HID, but are not sure what they will need to do it properly. This will also help us from not getting ripped off and buying a kit that won't work, or that is of poor quality.
I think this forum is very organized. It's the noob's that come on the forum and ask questions about topics that have been covered 100 times already when all they have to do is search.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 09:53 PM
dhh
Points: 1,723, Level: 24 Points: 1,723, Level: 24 Points: 1,723, Level: 24
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
I have a factory 09 Commander projector xenon headlights on my 07.

*Need to buy a resistor and 2200F 50v capacitor and solder them to the brown and black wires right before the harness. This will get rid off the flickering.

I also have factory 2009 projector headlights - do what Ichiban says - check out the detailed pics in the factory HID thread too
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTWNG View Post
SO you think ANOTHER HID thread will help you find all the answers?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4,654, Level: 43 Points: 4,654, Level: 43 Points: 4,654, Level: 43
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by a49erFan View Post
SO you think ANOTHER HID thread will help you find all the answers?
The point is to get all the information into one thread and have a mod make it a sticky.

As far as searching, I have done that and most of the questions that have been asked in those threads are unanswered. There are very few links to exact products from exact companies. After all of the searching, I still cannot answer the question of what HID kits come ready to install and will not have the flickering problem, or any of the other issues that have been mentioned.

I ran a large offroad website for around 7 years, so I know what you are saying about another thread and searching. Just trying to gather all of the information in one place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Appearance Modifications > Exterior Appearance Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in