Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - View Single Post - New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 05:47 PM
Big Blue
Super Moderator
Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iscreamhedake
View Post
I'm trying to "drag and drop" images to add to threads and they begin and show the images; however, they are very large on the page. When the page refreshes... the files are gone and the upload must have failed.
Anyone else have similar problems?
The larger of the 2 image dimensions can't be larger then 1900 pixels - if it is, your upload will fail.

Even though it says the board will automatically resize it - it doesn't work properly with any kind of consistency.

If you want to post pics here without any problems - forget about drag and drop, you'll have to exhibit slightly more advanced computer skills than that.

The best way to do it is to post your pics to an image hosting website - like photobucket, which is free. Once you load your pics there and re-size them (if necessary) to ensure the larger dimension is 1900 pixels or less - then you can than copy the URL of your photo and attach it to a post exactly how I am showing you below:

[IMG] Paste your photo URL here [/IMG]

Do it this way and your pic will post everytime.

I can also tell you that there are ongoing issues with member's photo albums - it has happened to me and at least 3 other members that I know of.

It will not allow us to upload pics to our existing photo albums and this is been going on for a couple of months now. I wound up just deleting my album altogether because I got tired or wrestling with it.

Now, everytime I add a new mod or new piece of equipment, I just update the pics in my garage - which is probably saving the forum quite a bit of storage space I'd imagine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 11-14-2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Ongoing Forum Problem:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome