FS:Aries Stainless steel Bull bar - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Parts For Sale/Wanted/Trade This section is for private party classified ads for PARTS. **NOTE: Please read and follow the rules for this section found in the "Sticky" thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Points: 9,325, Level: 64 Points: 9,325, Level: 64 Points: 9,325, Level: 64
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

FS:Aries Stainless steel Bull bar

For Sale:
Aries Stainless Steel Bull bar

I had is on my 06 Commander for a couple years. I really liked it since it added a chrome look to my Sport, but since I traded off the 06 sport for a 2010 Limited, i am going with a little different theme, since the Limited already has plenty of chrome. I was going to put it on my New commander but decided I am going to change it up a bit.

Its has been offroad. It has normal wear and the "skid" is been hit by a few rocks, but is still structurally in good shape.

Its been the best thing for protecting the front when busting hard packed snow drifts. It cracked me up when my brother attempted to do the same thing with his FORD expedition and ripped the front plastic facia off his SUV, whereas I had no worries for my front end. It is not an animal guard, by any means, but it serves as great protection for most things.

PRICE: $175.00 plus shipping

**NOTE
You can NOT use factory TOW HOOKS with this bull bar.

I had some heavy-duty custom fabricated brackets that I had made so you can use TOW LOOPS with this bull bar. I would include the brackets for another $60.They are primed and painted black. May need touch up paint.

*They require the factory tow hook studs (not included)....which I can help guide you in the right direction if you need help or info for getting those.Small bit of trimming of the underside of the fascia is needed for these to be used.

I run black tow loops with stabilizing spacers, which can also be included for $15 per loop.($30 for both with spacers)

Ships from Lincoln, NE 68528

PM me with any questions, or offers.

2010 Metallic Black Limited, HEMI, QD2, 1.5 inch Spidertrax,2.25 RR lift,Maxxis 265-75/17s, 4xG Matrix/receiver,bellyguard, front guard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Points: 839, Level: 15 Points: 839, Level: 15 Points: 839, Level: 15
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%

How long did it take you to install including trimming the bumper. I live in omaha, and am interested. Do local dealers sell the mounting brackets. This thing looks awesome BTW, and would look great on any commander!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens.fan21 View Post
How long did it take you to install including trimming the bumper. I live in omaha, and am interested. Do local dealers sell the mounting brackets. This thing looks awesome BTW, and would look great on any commander!
It does look good in my opinion, and Like it a lot.

I got the studs mounting brackets from the dealer. Any dealer can get them.

if you DO not have the studs already in the frame, it means taking off the whole front facial which adds probly 30 minutes and requires you to cut a couple plastic fender rivets.
If you are mechanically sound and have some standared sockets and wrenches, the whole project would probably take 1.5 hours, or so.

IF you live in OMAHA, I will be more than happy to give you a free hand with the install and help you do it. With two people it would be a lot easier and faster to do. i had removed it and put it on a few times....it was tricky the first time but once I figured it out, its not bad. If you were willing to drive to Lincoln someday, and decided you liked it, you could leave here with it installed.

2010 Metallic Black Limited, HEMI, QD2, 1.5 inch Spidertrax,2.25 RR lift,Maxxis 265-75/17s, 4xG Matrix/receiver,bellyguard, front guard

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

I have had a lot of interest in this set up, probably due to the tow loop brackets so I took it all off the garage shelf and cleaned it up a bit and took some polish and a rotory buffer to the stainless steel. It shined it right up and it looks just about at shiny as when I first got it.
Then i went ahead and set it all out for a quick photo to show what is all there if somebody decides to take the whole kit.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

One other thing i wanted to note.....
Its actually east to use a portable winch with in some situations if you get a couple axle straps. made a mounting plate with a 1 inch hole in the back were i put some grade 8 washers and a another loop and the run two axle straps off that point....one back to each of the tow loops...i had a couple more pin/loops there for quickly hooking into the loops. once the cable on the winch was tight, i would just keep it tight and it carried the weight of the winch and keep it off the ground. it worked very slick.
It probably would not work in deep mud or water, obviously, but it was great for snow and dry ground, such as in this photo where i just needed a boost up a steep ledge.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Small change to this posting.

**The loops would be included. I forgot that they are permanently attached to the loop brackets due to the hardened steel spacer.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Points: 2,422, Level: 29 Points: 2,422, Level: 29 Points: 2,422, Level: 29
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Did you realize that a seller on ebay is using a picture of your jeep for reference. You might want to check it out.

How much shipped to 46795?

thanks

2007 Jeep Commander Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Stone White. 2" RC lift with Robby's spacers. Goodyear Duratracs 245/75/17. Magnaflow catback exhaust. AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Points: 4,117, Level: 40 Points: 4,117, Level: 40 Points: 4,117, Level: 40
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
I have had a lot of interest in this set up, probably due to the tow loop brackets so I took it all off the garage shelf and cleaned it up a bit and took some polish and a rotory buffer to the stainless steel. It shined it right up and it looks just about at shiny as when I first got it.
Then i went ahead and set it all out for a quick photo to show what is all there if somebody decides to take the whole kit.

Saw a few numbers posted in this thread, what is the cost for everything? Which is the full set up to have it how you had it on yours, correct?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARIS PRO View Post
Did you realize that a seller on ebay is using a picture of your jeep for reference. You might want to check it out.

How much shipped to 46795?

thanks
I searched and did not find any pics of my stuff on ebay so far.

Its pretty much about 40 bucks for shipping to about anywhere in US.

$275.00 shipped for everything on my set up. (keep in mind you have to use the factory tow hook studs which are not included here.)

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatteCoPoke View Post
Saw a few numbers posted in this thread, what is the cost for everything? Which is the full set up to have it how you had it on yours, correct?
my first post had everything posted separate incase someone didnt want it all.
and i forgot the tow loops are perminantly attached to the brackets, so Im including them now as part of the package. Total shipped would have been $305.

NOW total package as i had it on my Xk shipped to lower 48 in US for
$275 total (no studs)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Buy/Sell Forums > Parts For Sale/Wanted/Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in