FS: Brand new parking brake lever assembly, with cable - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Parts For Sale/Wanted/Trade This section is for private party classified ads for PARTS. **NOTE: Please read and follow the rules for this section found in the "Sticky" thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
FS: Brand new parking brake lever assembly, with cable

I just bought this yesterday, thinking that I would need it to fix my parking brake issue since the tensioner spring had unwound. I was able to repair the original lever spring, so now I don't need this one. It was a special order, so no returns either!

I paid $220 with tax yesterday, price was $210. I know they sell online for $147 and up, so please make me a reasonable offer. If someone offers me $175 or above, I'll include regular shipping. I do take PayPal. I'm also going to list it on eBay tomorrow, but I wanted to give everyone here first dibs.

Part number: 5KD70BD5-AE, grey color, no leather.

Please PM me for details. I'll post pics if asked.

2006 XK Sport, 4.7l, QTII- many mods
----------------------------------------------------
'An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

My parking brake lever assembly is all messed up. Im interested in this but dont know exactly how to get the old assembly out. I was looking at it when I had the center console out and gave up because I couldnt figure out how I would get the old assembly out to install a new one. Can you post a pic of the parts.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
Here you go. It's pretty simple to remove the handle assembly with cable, but very time consuming:
  1. The handle assembly is held in by two bolts in front and a nut in the rear. The two bolts also hold down the shifter assembly, so you have to pull up on the shifter assembly to pull the brake handle out.
  2. To replace it with the cable attached (recommended), you need to remove the middle seats, their mounting bracket, and the plastic tray that contains the electronic modules under the middle seats. You then need to roll the carpet back and unbolt the retaining nut on the hump in front of the seats. The cable will then come out of the balancer.
  3. Installation is the reverse of these steps. Removing the driver's seat will help with the carpet rollback and pulling the assembly out.
  4. Once installed, you pull out the retaining clip (in the tensioner) to activate the tensioner for the brake cable. Parking brake issues solved!

It should only take about two hours to replace the entire assembly, including the seat removal. A helper is always a plus with a job like this!

Let me know if you're still interested, I can ship it this week once i have payment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0480.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	5715   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0481.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	5716   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0482.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	5717   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0483.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	5718  

'An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Bump, want this to find a new home!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Bump to the top since I traded the XK. Make me an offer so it can find a new home.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Just listed on eBay.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Bump to the top! Make me an offer, I want this gone!

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Sold, please lock the thread.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Buy/Sell Forums > Parts For Sale/Wanted/Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in