Issue with seller - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Parts For Sale/Wanted/Trade This section is for private party classified ads for PARTS.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6,571, Level: 53 Points: 6,571, Level: 53 Points: 6,571, Level: 53
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Issue with seller

Howdy Folks -

I purchased an item from a popular forum member on April 21st. The member decided, two weeks after accepting payment, that he wanted to keep the item. He offered a refund but has not delivered yet, and PMís are going unanswered.

I donít want to file a complaint through Paypal or slander the fella on the forum just yet, but he needs some public motivation to make this right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

This is the first time that I hear of someone not following through on the forum. Hope he gets back with you soon and straightens things out. Hope he doesn't mess it up for the rest of us.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Ditto on what CrzCajun says.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Points: 3,937, Level: 39 Points: 3,937, Level: 39 Points: 3,937, Level: 39
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

File the complaint - it's your money. I had to file once, and it was enough to motivate the seller to ship the item. Good luck!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
I agree it's your money and you need to do what yo uneed to do to receive your refund. If you do NOT ge teh satisfation desired please share the name so others can avoid similar actions, if you work it out then keep the name between you two as it could be an acceptable reason.

I did have a member agree to sell something to me then failed to return PM's and sold to someone else for more later, wouldn't surprise me to find out it was the same member.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Points: 6,036, Level: 50 Points: 6,036, Level: 50 Points: 6,036, Level: 50
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

i know who you mean and i went through the same thing. i too "bought" an item that later was not for sale.

it is not good business, especially here.

sent emails to the address in the FS post and PMs here - all unanswered. i did get my refund but only after emailing, PMing and posting in the FS thread just about every day.

i recommend that we name the seller so that others will know that they may, or may not, get their stuff. not yet a troll, but very close to it.

go to paypal and get your money back as well - especially if he is not answering here.

seller has another FS thread for a separate item by the way...
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Points: 5,477, Level: 47 Points: 5,477, Level: 47 Points: 5,477, Level: 47
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%

Send a message via AIM to ShinyBlackHEMI
To all these people throwing me under the bus, i suggest you check your PM's more frequent because i respond to all PM's in a timely matter. Now there may be day's where i am not on this site ( b/c yes, some of us do actually work) But i have DONE countless transactions on many different forums, and have done hundreds of eBay transactions. If Brian would check his email he would have a refund by now, and this post would not exist. I am constantly parting with parts, and 90% of the time i practically give my aftermarket accessories AWAY. No More, the disrespect from a few members on this forum has me greatly pissed off. To even consider me as not being legit brings a laugh to my face.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
To all these people throwing me under the bus, i suggest you check your PM's more frequent because i respond to all PM's in a timely matter.
Your definition may be different than others I think.

Quote:
Now there may be day's where i am not on this site ( b/c yes, some of us do actually work)
Are you implying that the rest of us do not? Good communication is key. By having unanswered messages that remain unanswered for several days or more does not give anyone confidence in the deal at all.

Quote:
But i have DONE countless transactions on many different forums, and have done hundreds of eBay transactions.
That means nothing here.

Quote:
If Brian would check his email he would have a refund by now
did you send it before he posted this?

Quote:
No More, the disrespect from a few members on this forum has me greatly pissed off. To even consider me as not being legit brings a laugh to my face.
i am glad you find it amusing, i do not. people want to know that whatever they purchased is enroute or whatever - not hear nothing at all once the money has been sent.

you had posted in another thread while i was sending you PMs that you did not answer in the same time. makes you wonder - would it not you?

it is just not a good way to do business in my opinion.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Points: 5,477, Level: 47 Points: 5,477, Level: 47 Points: 5,477, Level: 47
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%

Send a message via AIM to ShinyBlackHEMI
When you purchased the tail lights off from me, were they not shipped the next business day? Did you not receive them by the weekend? Yes to both, i simply failed to put the pedals in the box. I told you i'd refund you the money and i did. Done deal, right?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
When you purchased the tail lights off from me, were they not shipped the next business day? Did you not receive them by the weekend?
that is correct - all with not hearing from you once i paid

all i am saying is that you really should make more of an effort to talk to the buyer(s), that is all.

Quote:
Yes to both, i simply failed to put the pedals in the box.
not really - when i asked if you mailed them you later told me that you forgot to put them in the box. when i asked you again several days later if you mailed them you told me you did not want to sell them.

Quote:
I told you i'd refund you the money and i did. Done deal, right?
yes you did and yes - as i would not purchase from you again unfortunately. i am sure you are a great guy, but this is just not good business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Classifieds Section > Parts For Sale/Wanted/Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in