Probably selling wifes 2008 Liberty (NJ) - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Vehicles for Sale/Wanted/Trade This section is for private party classified ads for VEHICLES.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Points: 8,101, Level: 60 Points: 8,101, Level: 60 Points: 8,101, Level: 60
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Probably selling wifes 2008 Liberty (NJ)

Hey guys. Long story short it looks like we're getting my father-in-laws 01' Accord for cheap which would allow us to sell my wifes DD (the Liberty) to eliminate the car payment before our daughter starts daycare next summer (we'll have 2 kids in daycare at that time... so eliminating a payment will really help our budget!)

It's a 2008 Sport 4x4. Doesn't have cruise control (thought about adding it though, it's easy enough). Cloth seats, no sunroof, normal CD player/radio, Selectable 2WD/4Hi/4Lo, basically brand new Hankook Dynapro tires, ~48k miles right now, rear & back windows tinted, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats for front and rear and I also made a cargo mat from my rubber pickup truck bed mat.

I'm a maintenance fanatic and will show you the spreadsheet I keep... but its had everything required by the maintenance schedule + extra done.

This vehicle does come with a 6year/80k mile certified pre-owned warranty. I already looked into it and yes, it is transferable ($150).

We owe $14.5k on it... so we'll be looking to get straight up blue book. The only thing keeping it out of the "outstanding" region is a smudge on the driver-side flare (looks like someone couldnt judge their passenger side when pulling into a parking spot and just barely touched the KK). Between the condition of this KK, and the warranty, I think we're right about where we need to be for a private part sale VS. what we owe. (Example: Edmunds Good = $13.7k and Edmunds Outstanding = $14.6k for private party sale, neither of which take into account a warranty since this vehicle would normally be out of warranty now due to mileage). So I wouldn't mind taking a few hundred dollar hit and splitting the difference between good/oustanding to make a deal around $14,300.

I'll try to get some better pictures soon. But we're located in Jackson NJ. If anyone wants to come check it out, just let me know. We're not in a rush... we have to wait for our father-in-law to purchase another vehicle first and he's waiting until after Thanksgiving. Unless someone really wants it... then im sure we can work it out

Here's some pictures from the day we brought it home:
(Only changes are new tires and rear windows tinted)

aaaand my mechanic giving it a "once over"

Reply here or shoot me a PM if you're interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Classifieds Section > Vehicles for Sale/Wanted/Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in