Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - View Single Post - Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Big Blue
Super Moderator
Points: 21,497, Level: 92 Points: 21,497, Level: 92 Points: 21,497, Level: 92
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear.As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use Terms | Photobucket

Thank you

Community Support
Please allow me to clarify a couple of things;

The issue is that Photobucket has decided to start charging $400.00 annually for 3rd party image hosting - a service that they previously provided free, for at least a decade that I know of.

I guess Photobucket decided it was time for them to cash in.

If members choose to spend the money - any images/links hosted by Photobucket will still work on this forum.

It will be up to the individual members if they want to do it or not - I did and as a result, all of my posted Photobucket images on the forum are working fine again.

If they choose not to, they will have to find another free 3rd party site to host their images - or maybe just another 3rd party site that doesn't charge so much.

$400.00 sounds pretty expensive - but it only works out to be about $33.33 a month.

The issue in my opinion is, the only option they give you to pay is an annual, recurring subscription; So you have to pay the $400.00 in one shot; However, you do have the option to cancel at anytime, per the terms of their customer agreement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 07-18-2017 at 10:08 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome