Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - View Single Post - Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 02:07 AM
Big Blue
Super Moderator
Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use Terms | Photobucket

Thank you

Community Support
Attention Administrators;

I'm asking for some clarification on this issue with Photobucket please - as far as what actions you would like the Moderators to take.

Do you want us to contact members about their broken Photobucket image links to find out if they intend to upgrade their Photobucket account or not?

If we do contact them and they inform us that they have no intention of doing so, do you want the broken image links removed from the forum - or do you prefer to leave the forum cluttered with broken image links like this?

If I can confirm with the affected members they have no intentions of upgrading their Photobucket accounts; I see no benefit to leaving the forum littered with broken links like this - and if it was my decision, I'd simply remove them.

They could then re-post their images if they open another account with another image-hosting website - And if they needed help re-posting their images, of course I'd be more than happy to assist them.

But it's not my decision, so, any guidance the administrators can give would be greatly appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 07-19-2017 at 03:32 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome