Bum deal by murpheymichael - Page 2 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Buyer/Seller/Vendor Reviews If you have had dealings with a member or supporting vendor on this site and want to post a review of the transaction, positive or negative, you may do so here -OR- via iTrader feedback. Please do not do BOTH. **NOTE: Please read and follow the rules for this section found in the "Sticky" thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJorge View Post
I'm missing all but one
Well, that is more than what I thought you were talking about. I thought you were missing 3-4. If that's the case, the seller should comp you something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

I was just saying that aren't the typical lugs that hold the wheels on our XKs. They are open ended. That's all

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%

They should look something like this. http://europartshouse.com/images/Lugnuts-5pk-240.jpg

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkilby View Post
Well, that is more than what I thought you were talking about. I thought you were missing 3-4. If that's the case, the seller should comp you something.
That's exactly what I've proposed to the guy three times. His response: you're lucky to have scored such a bargain, so deal with the missing nuts.

2006 Limited, Light Khaki Metallic, Light Graystone/Dark Khaki Leather, HEMI, QDII, Rear DVD, REC Nav w/09 Database, woody side, EGR hood deflector, AEM Gun Metal Brute Force CAI, tilting rearview mirrors.
“I did not enter politics out of philanthropy but rather as an extension of my own annoyance at having inherited freedoms infringed by power-crazed idiots spouting gibberish”. Nigel Farage MEP; Leader, UK Independence Party
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

2WD
Still no further word from murpheymike, so I filed a claim with PayPal. That is how PayPal deals with disputes when mediation doesn't work. At some point, PayPal will request supporting info from both parties and then render a desition which is final. I don't know how they compel someone to abide, perhaps by closing their account. I'm saddened that a simple transaction escalated to this, but there is no way I'm letting someone promise to deliver something I've paid asking price for and then tell me to get stuffed when i don't receive it.
I'm not sure if it's allowed by the forum guidelines, but if the ruling favors me and murpheymike still won't make good, I'll request the moderator ban him from the forum. We don't need people abusing or defrauding us.

2006 Limited, Light Khaki Metallic, Light Graystone/Dark Khaki Leather, HEMI, QDII, Rear DVD, REC Nav w/09 Database, woody side, EGR hood deflector, AEM Gun Metal Brute Force CAI, tilting rearview mirrors.
“I did not enter politics out of philanthropy but rather as an extension of my own annoyance at having inherited freedoms infringed by power-crazed idiots spouting gibberish”. Nigel Farage MEP; Leader, UK Independence Party
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Points: 7,833, Level: 59 Points: 7,833, Level: 59 Points: 7,833, Level: 59
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 125K
I agree. Having integrity all you hope for when doing these types of transactions. He should pay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 3.7l Silver black and crome Sport W QT1
K&N cai. Aridium 1X plugs. 1.5" Spider Trax...
Tinted windows gone. Got ticketed for 137.50!! Full Synthetic motor oil and many more mods...
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 58,834, Level: 100 Points: 58,834, Level: 100 Points: 58,834, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

4WD
PM I received in reply from murphymichael

Today, 11:03 PM
murpheymichael

Re: JeepJorge
while I appreciate your concern for my reputation on this forum, I question why you believe that a cardboard box is not a proper shipping container for a package weighing only 17 pounds. Carelessness and disregard for customer service by the postal service is something that I can not control, nor do I take responsibility for. I am not running a business and stood to make ZERO dollars profit from the sale of my spacers, but stood to recoup roughly half of my original cost. George had the opportunity to inspect the damaged package and reject it if he so desired, but he accepted it against the advice of postal employee. My original thought was to minimize my loss on the spacers by selling them to someone who might actually need them and at half the price they would otherwise pay ordering them as I did. Next time, after this headache, I will let my spare parts collect dust rather than deal with this BS. As for doing the RIGHT thing, that will be for Paypal resolution center to decide, not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253
Why don't you do the right thing and send him the lug nuts or the money to buy them ? It is your fault because of the poor packaging. That would keep your reputation on the forum intact.
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ad.php?t=29506

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Last edited by jeep5253; 03-25-2014 at 10:12 PM.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
PM I received in reply from murphymichael

Today, 11:03 PM
murpheymichael

Re: JeepJorge
while I appreciate your concern for my reputation on this forum, I question why you believe that a cardboard box is not a proper shipping container for a package weighing only 17 pounds. Carelessness and disregard for customer service by the postal service is something that I can not control, nor do I take responsibility for. I am not running a business and stood to make ZERO dollars profit from the sale of my spacers, but stood to recoup roughly half of my original cost. George had the opportunity to inspect the damaged package and reject it if he so desired, but he accepted it against the advice of postal employee. My original thought was to minimize my loss on the spacers by selling them to someone who might actually need them and at half the price they would otherwise pay ordering them as I did. Next time, after this headache, I will let my spare parts collect dust rather than deal with this BS. As for doing the RIGHT thing, that will be for Paypal resolution center to decide, not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253
Why don't you do the right thing and send him the lug nuts or the money to buy them ? It is your fault because of the poor packaging. That would keep your reputation on the forum intact.
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ad.php?t=29506
Thanks for sending the PM to murpheymike. I appreciate your efforts to help both of us sort this out. I share his frustration over being caught up in this drama. Who needs it? This issue isn't predicated on the amount of profit, or lack thereof murpheymike stands to make. He chose the asking price. As far as the suitability of a cardboard box as a shipping container goes, it is plainly evident that yes, they are suitable. However, the box he chose to use is made of thin cardboard and not adequate to contain the heavy spacers and twenty-four lug nuts. It really isn't a big surprise that the thin box was unable to withstand the normal shipping stresses. I am certainly not unreasonable. Had the box been evidently capable of holding the stuff but was burst open by careless or negligent handling, I would have refused the shipment or made a claim against the shipper.

However, what gets me upset is his flat-out refusal to try to reach any accommodation. On three separate occasions I tried to get him to make any offer he felt was adequate to resolve the issue. The only substantive response I got was him telling me to feel lucky over getting a good deal and go pound sand over the missing stuff; that is simply not acceptable. However the PayPal decision comes down, I don't regret pressing for redress. Like I said, if it goes my way and murpheymike refuses to abide by the decision, I'll request he be banned from the forum.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

2WD
I just posted three photos of the box murpheymike used to ship my spacers and lug nuts in my photo album. Have a look and decide whether the box looks sturdy enough to hold the heavy spacers and nuts.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

2WD
PayPal has asked mupheymike for his side of the story and now I've had my say. I sent them links to the original sales pitch, the PM thread he and I exchanged and the photos of the crappy shipping box. We'll see what they decide and I'll let you all know as soon as they come down with a decision.
Cheers. Jorge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Buy/Sell Forums > Buyer/Seller/Vendor Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in