CAI & IAT Sensor - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Intakes Questions or advice about intakes? This is the place...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Points: 3,561, Level: 37 Points: 3,561, Level: 37 Points: 3,561, Level: 37
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question CAI & IAT Sensor

Has anybody had trouble reinstalling the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor into a CAI? I installed an AEM Brute CAI and had too much trouble getting that sensor installed in the provided gromet. I must have lost my patience enough and forced it a bit much as the housing around the tip of the sensor broke off. Oops. The jeep still operates, but I occasionally get the check engine light to turn on so I suspect it needs replaced. I spoke to the local dealer today and they told me that I need to buy the whole box with the sensor and that just the sensor was not available. Does anybody know any different?

A tip for installing this sensor.... use a little lubrication!

Thanks for the input.

06' Commander w/ Hemi, AEM Brute CAI, Superlift 4" lift, BFG All Terrain (245/75/17), aftermarket 17" wheels, Tactical Armor front and rear bumper, Steel armadillo rock sliders.

91 Grand Wagoneer - SOA, resprung leaf springs plus add a leaf, 33" tires, cross over stearing, 4.56 gears, high flow exhaust, rebuilt 360 .030 over plus cam, Future mods: ARB Air lockers (front & rear) Heavy Duty Bumpers (front & rear), 12,000 lb winch, fender cutting & flares to fit 35" tires...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

I used a little bit of vaselline and pushed hard but carefully. It did take me a while though to get it in after messing with it. Also, it's kind of hard to believe that they just don't sell the sensor. You tried calling another dealer?

2006 Silver Jeep Commander Limited 4X4 - 5.7L Hemi, Quadra Drive II, Navigation System, Chrome Fuel Door, Sunroof, Rusty's 2" Lift Kit, Moto Metal M0950 Rims, Goodyear Silent Armor 255/70/17, Front Skid Plate, 4XGuard Belly Skid Plate, RR Supersliders, Chrome Front Tow Hooks, AEM Brute Force Intake, and WeatherTech Floorliners. See Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Semper Fi
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Points: 11,873, Level: 71 Points: 11,873, Level: 71 Points: 11,873, Level: 71
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%

It looks like that the IAT is only available for the 3.7 and the 4.7 for only about $7.09.

http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

It is under electrical. Then under powertrain control.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Points: 3,561, Level: 37 Points: 3,561, Level: 37 Points: 3,561, Level: 37
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

Well in my searching with the local dealer and questioning the online help at chryslerpartsdirect.com, it appears that the only way of replacing the IAT sensor for the 5.7 Hemi is to purchase the sensor with the resonator (the big plastic box that gets replaced with a cold air intake). The MSRP is $151.00. This turned out to be a costly mistake for me. I have not replaced it yet, I am still holding out a glimmer of hope.
Does anybody know if there would be a difference between the sensor for the jeep and the sensor for a different Jeep/Chrysler model with the same engine?

Learn from the landminds that others have found.... don't break this sensor!

06' Commander w/ Hemi, AEM Brute CAI, Superlift 4" lift, BFG All Terrain (245/75/17), aftermarket 17" wheels, Tactical Armor front and rear bumper, Steel armadillo rock sliders.

91 Grand Wagoneer - SOA, resprung leaf springs plus add a leaf, 33" tires, cross over stearing, 4.56 gears, high flow exhaust, rebuilt 360 .030 over plus cam, Future mods: ARB Air lockers (front & rear) Heavy Duty Bumpers (front & rear), 12,000 lb winch, fender cutting & flares to fit 35" tires...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications > Intakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in