Diablo Sport Predator- ecm tuning unit - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Programmers/Engine Mods Questions or advice about programmers or engine mods? This is the place...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Points: 9,675, Level: 66 Points: 9,675, Level: 66 Points: 9,675, Level: 66
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Diablo Sport Predator- ecm tuning unit

Got my Diablo Sport tuner today. I had to download the an update from there website to the tuner before I could program the Jeep. Make sure you have a way to connect the tuner to the internet or else you can't program your Jeep, you just need a power source (prong type 12v- I have a multi prong plug that I use for kids toys) and a db9 cable. You can purchase a kit from diablo sport, I think it costs $20 or so but you do need it.

Upon install you have several tuning options and I use the 91 octane tune. The shifting is much improve as is the acceleration. The Jeep is much faster and the transmission improvement is amazing. I was also able to adjust the computer for my oversize tires by inputting the size into the programmer and now my speedo is actually accurate.

I was getting a little nervous during the install as the dash kept scrolling the warning lights and the display scrolled through "service suspension", "check gauges", etc. I was a little scared that the computer was getting jacked. The install takes about 10/15 minutes and works just fine.

In summation- cool toy with lots of options that I haven't even begun to explore yet- I just have the pre configured performance tune in the system and tire size adjustment. The best $300 bucks I spent for a performance mod on the jeep (the brute force intake was 300- sounds good but not the same gains as the tuner).

Predator for $300-
http://www.concoursdirect.com/diablo...-predator.html

Diablosport XK website-
http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...isplay&pid=150

2006 Black and Chrome Limited Hemi w/Saddle browns, AEM CAI, Magnaflow, Silverstars, RR lift, Bilstein shocks and struts, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ- 265/70/17 on Rev Wheel 822's, DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, Chrome tow hooks, Superlift Xtreme ring, Diablo Sport Programmer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Thanks for checking out another new product and the review.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Update-

2-3 mpg average improvement (11-12 vs 14-15), quick shifting and way faster than stock.

I am throwing a p0406 code (egr valve voltage) that won't clear but I doubt it is related.

Still have not got into the really tricky mods with the programmer.

2006 Black and Chrome Limited Hemi w/Saddle browns, AEM CAI, Magnaflow, Silverstars, RR lift, Bilstein shocks and struts, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ- 265/70/17 on Rev Wheel 822's, DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, Chrome tow hooks, Superlift Xtreme ring, Diablo Sport Programmer.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Points: 1,048, Level: 17 Points: 1,048, Level: 17 Points: 1,048, Level: 17
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanser View Post
Update-

2-3 mpg average improvement (11-12 vs 14-15), quick shifting and way faster than stock.

I am throwing a p0406 code (egr valve voltage) that won't clear but I doubt it is related.

Still have not got into the really tricky mods with the programmer.
Are you still seeing the mileage gains? I am thinking about getting one of these little babies!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Points: 2,674, Level: 31 Points: 2,674, Level: 31 Points: 2,674, Level: 31
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%

this thing really works. I have alot of experience on the car side of the HEMI and this is really a toy relegated to those with the HEMI. This will allow someone to customer tune (on a dyno) different heads, stroker motors, cams, etc etc etc

GIven a stock motor, I believe we saw 10 - 15 hp differences and peppy shifts.

I am interested if this person got the light to go off. I was afraid Diablo just gave us the truck version which would be an issue consdiering the trucks didn't have EGR's. I hope I am wrong.

To run like the big dogs, you need to join the pack........
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Got the light to go off- was a bad egr valve, coincidence in timing. Replaced the egr and all is well.

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%

so how much HP did the diablo add?? im thinking of getting one,just like to now if its worth it.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Points: 1,048, Level: 17 Points: 1,048, Level: 17 Points: 1,048, Level: 17
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjoe View Post
so how much HP did the diablo add?? im thinking of getting one,just like to now if its worth it.
I don't think it adds too much hp. Maybe 10-15 like MomsR/T said. The thing that rocks is the ability to change a lot of other stuff. I love the way the tranny shifts now vs. stock. Although my mileage didn't go up like some people claim.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Points: 2,448, Level: 29 Points: 2,448, Level: 29 Points: 2,448, Level: 29
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

Two questions: 1)Is the mileage increase because of the recalibration of the speedo? 2)Are those highway miles or city? I only ask because I was getting 13.9 avg from northern cali to socal on I-5 on my christmas vacation. I have the 5.7l HEMI

Last edited by jtw79; 02-12-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: FORGOT IMPORTANT INFO
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Don't know about the hp as I don't have access to a dyno but for 300 bucks this thing makes the Jeep very "snappy". If you contact Diablo they may have some specs for you. The trans shifts hard and there is power throughout the rpm band. For 300 you can get a cold air intake or exhaust so for the price I think the gains are worth it. This tuner is also ultra customizable by the Diablo dealers for each minor tweak you make to your setup, add a new muffler- redo your tune, add a CAI- redo your tune, etc. This lets you take FULL advantage your addons, but understand that you do not have to retune when you add new items, it just unlocks the full potential if you do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications > Programmers/Engine Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in