Gear Ratio - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Programmers/Engine Mods Questions or advice about programmers or engine mods? This is the place...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Points: 589, Level: 11 Points: 589, Level: 11 Points: 589, Level: 11
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Help with Flashpaq

Ive been messing around with my new superchips flashpaq and seen a option to change the gear ratios. Could someone explain this alittle bit for me? I havent messed with it, but I remember seeing someone on here changed theres. So I was wondering what it does and so on.... I currently only running the performace 91 tune and havent really messed with anything else besides changing my tire size also. I know you can go in and change you shifts aswell but dont even know where to begin, I havent found a good dummy tutorial for it either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

| Black '08 XK Limited Hemi 5.7L (Fully Loaded) | Quadra-Drive II |
| 265/70/17 Goodyear DuraTrac's | 17" Vision Wheel 375 Warriors |
| Rough Country 2" Lift | Sylvania SilverStar Ultras (All Lights) |
| Superchips Flashpaq 91 Tune | AIRAID CAI SynthaMax |
| 4xGuard Matrix System | Magnaflow Performance Exhaust |

Last edited by Ragu; 12-27-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

You dont want to mess with the gear ratio change with the Flashpaq. That is to reprogram your computer after you swap the ring and pinion (gears) in the front and rear differentials. And since no one makes gears for our front axles, you probablly will never have to worry about that option on the flashpaq.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Points: 589, Level: 11 Points: 589, Level: 11 Points: 589, Level: 11
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
You dont want to mess with the gear ratio change with the Flashpaq. That is to reprogram your computer after you swap the ring and pinion (gears) in the front and rear differentials. And since no one makes gears for our front axles, you probablly will never have to worry about that option on the flashpaq.

Thank you, I appreciate the explanation.

Now, does anyone know of a read me or a tutorial on the use of the custom shifts points? I seen the graphics and they really have me confused on were they get entered on the flashpaq's custom shifts areas. It would be great if Superchips would have made a video or manual for dummies on that part of there flashpaq.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

| Black '08 XK Limited Hemi 5.7L (Fully Loaded) | Quadra-Drive II |
| 265/70/17 Goodyear DuraTrac's | 17" Vision Wheel 375 Warriors |
| Rough Country 2" Lift | Sylvania SilverStar Ultras (All Lights) |
| Superchips Flashpaq 91 Tune | AIRAID CAI SynthaMax |
| 4xGuard Matrix System | Magnaflow Performance Exhaust |

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Points: 3,583, Level: 37 Points: 3,583, Level: 37 Points: 3,583, Level: 37
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%

gear ratios, lets just say the jeep transmission has the worst gear ratios on the planet, particularly if you even plan to go off road. Way to fail jeep, looks like I am swapping the power train out for a Ford.

----------------------------------
2006 jeep Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi QDII
2.25 rocky road lift
magnaflow exhaust stainless cat back
DiabloSport Predator
all Amsoil
In box k&N
34.8" tires 285/75 R17 on Pro Comps ( 2.5" cut off the front frame)
35W low beam HIDs 5k dirt, 6k snow
55W high beam HID 6k<----stupid bright
This thing sees a lot of off road

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeson View Post
gear ratios, lets just say the jeep transmission has the worst gear ratios on the planet, particularly if you even plan to go off road. Way to fail jeep, looks like I am swapping the power train out for a Ford.
I have absolutely no problems with my transmissions gear ratio or the gear ratio in my differentials while off roading. I have no issues with turning my tires in 4 Low. I think your just not pleased because you threw on the largest tire possible with minimal amount of lift and its bogging down your XK. A simply ring and pinion swap to 4.56's would fix your problem. Nothing needs to change in the transmission. Obviosuly the only problem is there are no front ring and pinions on the market for our vehicles. You can ask any Wrangler guy out there what happened when they threw the largest tire on their rig and didnt re gear. Its horrible......gears are a must for large tires.

Remember...your throwing a 34 inch tall tire on a vehicle that came stock with 29.5's with no gear swap.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 02-23-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications > Programmers/Engine Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in