Superchips Flashpaq Programmer - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Programmers/Engine Mods Questions or advice about programmers or engine mods? This is the place...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Points: 9,681, Level: 66 Points: 9,681, Level: 66 Points: 9,681, Level: 66
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unhappy Superchips Flashpaq Programmer

I just got off the phone with Superchips regarding when they will have a Flashpaq for the 5.7L Hemi. I was told the decision would not be made until June and that it would probably be later this year at the earliest. I am not willing to wait that long to see what the Hemi is capable of so I will probably buy the programmer that is already on the market. I wanted the Superchip Flashpaq because it has the additional feature of updatability via the internet.

Also, UPS tracking shows my AEM Brute Force Intake being delivered today so I should have pictures and performance evaluation posted tommorrow.

2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi Limited
Jeep Crossbars and Bike Racks
Chrome Gas Cap
AEM Brute Force Intake System
Magnaflow Muffler
Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacers
Billet Grille Inserts
SRT8 Pedal Overlays
Chrome Door Sills
Ipod Interface
Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5" Lift
Rancho RS5000 Front Struts
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Rear Shocks
Raceline Assault 20" Wheels
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/50R20 Tires
Borla Exhaust Tips
Limo Tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Points: 3,320, Level: 35 Points: 3,320, Level: 35 Points: 3,320, Level: 35
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Re: Superchips Flashpaq Programmer

Don't hold your breath on a programmer, if you see a good one by the end of the year consider yourself lucky. T
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Points: 9,681, Level: 66 Points: 9,681, Level: 66 Points: 9,681, Level: 66
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%

The only one currently on the market for the 5.7L Hemi is the Hypertech. Do you have any experience with this brand or know anything of its reputation? Auto Anything sells it for $285 with free shipping.

2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi Limited
Jeep Crossbars and Bike Racks
Chrome Gas Cap
AEM Brute Force Intake System
Magnaflow Muffler
Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacers
Billet Grille Inserts
SRT8 Pedal Overlays
Chrome Door Sills
Ipod Interface
Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5" Lift
Rancho RS5000 Front Struts
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Rear Shocks
Raceline Assault 20" Wheels
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/50R20 Tires
Borla Exhaust Tips
Limo Tint

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Points: 3,320, Level: 35 Points: 3,320, Level: 35 Points: 3,320, Level: 35
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I have never owned a Hypertech product, they've been around awhile but I don't know the capabilities of the unit, sorry, I can tell you what I want in a programmer is the ability to store custom tunes as well as the ability to make adjustment to timing and fuel, the ability to download tunes is also nice. The current crop of tuners usually offer gear, tire speedo correction, transmission adjustments some form of an engine code reader and an of the shelf tune or two to boost HP, this is where many make a mistake, you need to be carful that the tunes they use are all weather and bad gas safe, with the fuel and timing adjustments you should be able to make small upgrades without dyno tunes, but you could also make large changes like a blower upgrade and be able to tune for it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Points: 1,539, Level: 22 Points: 1,539, Level: 22 Points: 1,539, Level: 22
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%

I have a superchips for my 5.7 ram and it the horsepower and tq increase is minimal about 8 and 10 respectivly but what it does help the most with is the reduction in the torque management system, it pretty much removes it and makes the shifts much firmer and throttle response much peppier. i know of a few people that have the hyperchips and they get about the same hp and tq numbers but not the tms reductions. also SC has a 87 tune so you don;t have to run the factory recommended 89 octane and a 91 performance tune. hypertech requires 93 octane.

Jeep Commander, 5.7 limited 4x4,CAI,TB Spacer. future mods=cam, deep trans pan, Air--->Ram Power wire2004 Dodge Ram QC - 5.7 4x4 Lone Star Edition, Ranchhand rear bumper, CAI, Gibson SportTruck CatBack, Painted fender flares, Wheel to Wheel Stepbar, Skyjacker 2" aal,twist a lift, Pro comp es9000 shocks, Superchips, TB spacer,Doug thorley headers, Viper fan, shorty wires, future mods=Cam(not sure which one yet), 4.10 Gears, line-x, deep trans pan
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Points: 1,157, Level: 18 Points: 1,157, Level: 18 Points: 1,157, Level: 18
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%

I had the Superchips on my 04 Ram Hemi and loved it. It wasn't the hp increase, but the driveability that was so much better. With just that and a Gibson cat back I was running a 14 sec flat quarter mile in a quad cab 2wd Ram. When I asked superchips after I got the Commander if my current programmer would work or if they plan on making one I was told they had no intent on making one and they had no idea if it would work, bu advised against it. Since the Ram and Commander share the same engine and trans (5.7/545RFE) I still don't see why it would be so difficult to adapt the Ram one to our Jeeps. I would gladly spend the money again for one for my Commander.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Points: 1,973, Level: 26 Points: 1,973, Level: 26 Points: 1,973, Level: 26
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%

Send a message via AIM to jasonb Send a message via MSN to jasonb Send a message via Yahoo to jasonb

I have the Hypertech Hyperpac on my hemi. It is like a computer all by itself and you can monitor the enigne, has a dynometer, pulls and fixes any trouble codes etc. It also has a free update program they send to you if it is ever updated. So far I like it. I tried to program to a high performance mode but my computer wont do it so they are sending me the update for free to fix the problem. I will let you know of the success or not. Also, the one I have is expensive not the $280 one. As for the AEM brute force, I installed mine on Sunday and have pics posted if you need any reference. The diagram they give you is good but it doenst hurt to look at what it looks like as you progress. You will definately love the sound.

Jason B
2006 Limited 4x4
5.7 l HEMI with AEM cai, Gibson exhaust and Hyperpac
All The Bells
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
This thread has been closed as this product is now available.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications > Programmers/Engine Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in