H19 PCM Flash Performance Thoughts - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Programmers/Engine Mods Questions or advice about programmers or engine mods? This is the place...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

H19 PCM Flash Performance Thoughts

h19 flash = performance mod?? mabye

Got the H19 pcm flash done for the stalling issue.. and mabye its in my head, but the jeep ran way differnt..

seemed to shift differnt and have a little more balls, it even seemed to have a slightly louder exhaust grunt... it had to have been the flash, i know they didnt reset the battery, cuz my radio etc was still good, so i dont know.... Am i crazy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

guess i am crazy! or nobody cares....bet if i said gas mileage improvement id have a hundred replies..lol

though usually if you keep your foot out of it, alot of performance mods are gas savers too.

ive had it done like a week now and it for sure seems to shift better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Points: 3,672, Level: 38 Points: 3,672, Level: 38 Points: 3,672, Level: 38
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

I would not be surprice if it shifts better after the flash, I have been thinking about having them do it to my 07 next time I take it in for service...

As far as MPG gain from performance mods, I'm still waiting to see any extra MPGs from installing my Gibson, I may not see them at all... I may get a new muffler and keep the 3" pipe...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

I had mine done last week and it does shift differently, between 35 and 40 mph...a harder shift I guess.

I did have another problem pop up though, don't know if it is related...but at idle when the air conditioning is on the entire jeep vibrates...really weird, I am calling the dealer tomorrow.

2006 Jeep Commander • 4.7 ltr V8 • Stone White • Hulk Wheels • Quadra Trac II • Yakima Mega Warrior Rack With Extension and Yakima Copperhead Bike Carriers• Tinted Windows • DVD & Game System • Good Year Wrangler 245/70/17 Silent Armor Tires • K&N Air Filter • WeatherTech Floor Mats • Pro Comp D-Shackle Receiver Hitch • Silverstar Ultra Headlamps and Brights • Modified Silverstar Ultra Fog Lamps • THULE Bike Hitch Rack
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

Sorry dude, wasn't ignoring, was driving for a few days before responding. I really can't tell that anything is noticeably different.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Points: 3,672, Level: 38 Points: 3,672, Level: 38 Points: 3,672, Level: 38
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCommander
Sorry dude, wasn't ignoring, was driving for a few days before responding. I really can't tell that anything is noticeably different.
Maybe he had a code htat was deleted by the flash and that is where he is seen a diference
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

glad im not alone in this, i definitly think it shifts for the better...

got both my window motors and the wondow control module replaced today.... it used to do the occasional auto up/down issue.....im using the crap outta this warranty, one year left

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Points: 9,702, Level: 66 Points: 9,702, Level: 66 Points: 9,702, Level: 66
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%

Well it sounds like it worked out good for you. I have an appt Friday to have mine flashed...although I didn't/don't know if there are "different" flashes. I am beginning to have stalling issues (at stop signs, slowing over speed bumps, etc.) The original reason for the appointment was for a TSB for hard shifting between 35-40 mph., but AFTER I made that apt. to have that addressed (flashed) I began having the stalling issues (twice now). My question is does anyone know if there are more than one update to be done to the PCM, or is it a single new software program? I see where this update you speak of is called the "H-19" flash....how many are there, if more than one? I am experiencing serious throttle/power loss as a result of all of this.

'06 silver 4.7 4x4, 2" Rough Country lift, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 17 x 8.5 MB V-Drive wheels, AEM Brute Force CAI, Optima Red Top, Bilstein HD struts up front, and a couple really cool stickers that add somewhere between 10-13 HP
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%

I've had issues with my 2006 Commander Limited 5.7. I bought it in May 10 and right around Dec 10, I started to have some acceleration issues. I checked the milage and it was due for a few maintenance services. I had the tranny drained and flushed in Dec, differentials and transfer in Feb and all out tune up in Feb as well. No improvement! Talked to them about the different flashes I saw on here and they said there was an update for my car. They took it on a road test and did notice a lack of acceleration and power. Did the update and it ran fine, FOR A WEEK! After that week, it went right back to the same ol poor performance. They told me to continue driving it, the "computer is getting use to your driving habbits." SMH at this point. I drove for a few more weeks with the same poor results. Brought it back, test drove and this tech noticed the same thing, lag in acceleration and power...So they said they calibrated some of the modules. Ran fine, again, for only about a week. Took it back, yet a third time, and a third tech drove it and he said he noticed "lag in acceleration and power". He wanted to replace all the computer modules which would have been for free, but needed to run all the issues by Chrysler first.....and of course, Chrysler says, "dont do anything, if nothing is showing up on the computer diagnostic let it be." Im soooooo p'd off at this point. You have 3 different techs on 3 different road test, and they all come back saying the same thing. This is just insane. The more and more I start to read the forums, it seems like this is an ongoing issue with a lot of Chrysler/Jeep modules; including the new 2011 GC. This is my 2nd Jeep and I love the looks, but so unreliable and too many computer issues. I believe this will be my last Jeep, but man, I just wish they could fix my car so I can try and enjoy the vehicle a bit more.....it sucks because the trade in for my car is so low as well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications > Programmers/Engine Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in