Installing Diablosport Trinity T1000 with AEV EGR Module - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Programmers/Engine Mods Questions or advice about programmers or engine mods? This is the place...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Angry Installing Diablosport Trinity T1000 with AEV EGR Module

I had the AEV EGR Module installed to correct my speedo after running larger tires with the Superlift. I attempted to install the Diablosport Trinity T1000 and had no luck. After trying every possible combination and spending an hour or two on the phone with Diablosport Tech. support their solution was to have me send them my PCM so they could reflash it. Well, I didn't have the days to spare in order to do that as my XK is my daily driver. I ended up having to have my Jeep towed to the dealership and reflashed instead. After $200 or so down the drain and all the time wasted trying to get the tuner installed I still wasn't successful. I've since held off on trying again as I'm worried I'll have the same result. I am going to give it another try a week from today, next week Monday, after hopefully receiving some feedback from your guys. I was hoping to get some assistance or tips from the community so I don't brick my Jeep again (I do plan on making this attempt at tuning in the Dealership parking lot so I can at least avoid the towing charge!). If this attempt fails I will return it and go the Hypertech route! Should I completely uninstall the AEV EGR Module (ie use the AEV EGR Module to return it to stock) before attempting to install the Diablosport Trinity T1000? My first attempt I did not uninstall the AEV EGR Module prior to attempting to install the tuner; I hope this simple difference will allow me to get the tuner installed.

This is the error message I got the first time around:

'09 XK HEMI (Gen. II Hemi w/MDS and VVT) Overland 4x4; QDII; Trailer Tow Group IV; Skid Plate Group; 4" Superlift; 285/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on AEV Pintlers (Argent, JK offset)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Points: 6,645, Level: 53 Points: 6,645, Level: 53 Points: 6,645, Level: 53
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Sorry to hear that happen to you, I do not have the Diablo tune but I have the superchips and I think that would be better for you if you decide to go a different route, my tuner backed up my factory configuration before programming the new tune does the Diablo tune do that?

06 Jeep Commander 4.7 QT II wih RC lift, Superchips 3872 and 245/75R17 Thunderer MT Tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications > Programmers/Engine Mods

Tags
aev egr module , diablosport , tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in