Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Programmers/Engine Mods Questions or advice about programmers or engine mods? This is the place...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Points: 927, Level: 16 Points: 927, Level: 16 Points: 927, Level: 16
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 147,000
Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller

I did a search on this forum and found a thread on the Sprint throttle upgrade has anyone gave this one a try yet?

Mark

08 Hemi Commander, QT2 diffs boo!, 2 inch lift, 265/70/17 Michelin donuts, and it even has the silent MYGIG radio option too this things almost loaded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93 Points: 23,207, Level: 93
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblu72 View Post
I did a search on this forum and found a thread on the Sprint throttle upgrade has anyone gave this one a try yet?

Mark
I don't recall seeing this subject come up in the 2 years I've been here.

Maybe you can be the guinea pig Mark.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Points: 6,718, Level: 53 Points: 6,718, Level: 53 Points: 6,718, Level: 53
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%

Model year: 2006
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 175,000
Garage
I've researched these a bit, and frankly I think it's a waste of money. Since the Hemi TB is drive by wire, all the controller does is adjust the response from the gas pedal. I personally don't feel any delay from my gas pedal, only delay in the transmission when I have to drop a gear or two. With the Superchips tuner's transmission adjustments, I find the lag much improved.

That being said, I haven't given it a shot, so I can't input on the actual effects. The eco mode does sound interesting, and would probably be more effective in slowing input down.

2006 XK Limited, Hemi, QDII
245/70R17 General Grabber AT2s
Ported/Polished Throttle Body
Flowmaster Super 44
Stock Height Again (For Now)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

The idea is this little box amplifies the signal (input or output) or tricks the PCM into open/closing the Drive-by-Wire (DBW) throttle faster.

I remember someone posting on this forum a while ago he got one of these devices for his Commander and loved it, much better throttle response.

Personally, I have a V6 4x4, and occasionally I find the throttle response to be a little lacking, so I could see one of these devices, if they work, making some improvements. The HEMI, I wouldn't be surprised the extra low end torque make the engine more responsive than the V6 and it doesn't really make a noticeable difference in the throttle response.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Points: 927, Level: 16 Points: 927, Level: 16 Points: 927, Level: 16
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%

4WD
Current Mileage: 147,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
The idea is this little box amplifies the signal (input or output) or tricks the PCM into open/closing the Drive-by-Wire (DBW) throttle faster.

I remember someone posting on this forum a while ago he got one of these devices for his Commander and loved it, much better throttle response.

Personally, I have a V6 4x4, and occasionally I find the throttle response to be a little lacking, so I could see one of these devices, if they work, making some improvements. The HEMI, I wouldn't be surprised the extra low end torque make the engine more responsive than the V6 and it doesn't really make a noticeable difference in the throttle response.

The device you speak of Mongo might be the Sprint unit I found on the forum but that's the only one I found in my search. Being my Commander is the first DBW vehicle I've driven I do find the Hemi's throttle response a little lacking and needs improvement but the $299 cost of the Pedal Commander is a little intimidating .

Mark

08 Hemi Commander, QT2 diffs boo!, 2 inch lift, 265/70/17 Michelin donuts, and it even has the silent MYGIG radio option too this things almost loaded.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:09 PM
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

I personally have one of these in my Commander. I originally bought one for my RAM and liked it so much that I got one for my Jeep as well. All I have to say is WOW these things are amazing. It changes the way the truck drives completely... There are some reviews online that are pretty good, I'll see if I can link one. But honestly, the Pedal Commander is the best mod I've done. You guys should def try one out. Pedal Commander - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Zac B
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
https://www.pedalcommander.com/produ...der-2006-2010/

I hesitantly went to pedalcommander's website - just because I don't like to arbitrarily dismiss anything without at least taking a look;

A couple of items that concern me right out of the gate;

They only list Commanders as (Gen 1) 2007-2010; the 2006 model year is not even listed;

When I select my engine which is a 2008 Flex Fuel 4.7L it shows it as putting out 235HP which is what the regular gas 4.7L put out - in 2006 & 2007. In 2008 the 4.7L jumped up to 305HP from the factory due to a redesigned intake and the addition of an extra spark plug per cylinder.

The fact that pedal commander's website doesn't reflect any changes at all for the 2008-2010 4.7L engines increased HP makes me question if they even have a product that is accurately designed & calibrated for my engine.

The price doesn't bother me at all - but the inaccurate information displayed on their website does.

I'm skeptical at best.

Last edited by Big Blue; 07-26-2017 at 04:20 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
https://www.pedalcommander.com/produ...der-2006-2010/

I hesitantly went to pedalcommander's website - just because I don't like to arbitrarily dismiss anything without at least taking a look;

A couple of items that concern me right out of the gate;

They only list Commanders as (Gen 1) 2007-2010; the 2006 model year is not even listed;

When I select my engine which is a 2008 Flex Fuel 4.7L it shows it as putting out 235HP which is what the regular gas 4.7L put out - in 2006 & 2007. In 2008 the 4.7L jumped up to 305HP from the factory due to a redesigned intake and the addition of an extra spark plug per cylinder.

The fact that pedal commander's website doesn't reflect any changes at all for the 2008-2010 4.7L engines increased HP makes me question if they even have a product that is accurately designed & calibrated for my engine.

The price doesn't bother me at all - but the inaccurate information displayed on their website does.

I'm skeptical at best.
Understandable. Maybe I'll try to call them and ask. But they do have a 14 day no questions asked money back refund. I'm telling you from personal experience that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Zac B
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDB10r View Post
Understandable. Maybe I'll try to call them and ask. But they do have a 14 day no questions asked money back refund. I'm telling you from personal experience that you will be pleasantly surprised.
I don't doubt that their product has worked well for you.

I would probably have to call the and get some clarification on why they have their listings the way the do and ask them some additional questions about my particular engine - since they don't have it listed.

I'll probably do that when I'm actually ready to buy one - which probably won't be before November, when I get back CONUS again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications > Programmers/Engine Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in