Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - View Single Post - 2" Rough Country Lift (Headlight Adjustments?)
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 02:46 AM
Big Blue
Super Moderator
Points: 24,598, Level: 95 Points: 24,598, Level: 95 Points: 24,598, Level: 95
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmank33 View Post
Hello Fellow Commander Bros!

Just got mine lifted today with the 2" Rough Country Lift. Question, should I get the headlights adjusted? Also, with the 2" lift and the 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires, any idea the different in the mph now? Any input, advice, recommendations are always welcome and appreciated to this novice! Thank You!
Congrats on the upgrades, you'll enjoy them.

Between the lift and the larger circumference your ride height has been raised about 3 inches.

I don't think it's necessary to adjust your headlights.

Your speedo will be reading 3 1/2 - 4mph slow. meaning when it's reading 60 - you will actually be doing around 64.

I have the same set-up as you (different brand of tires - TOYO A/T's; but the same size) and I bought a superchips F5 3874 Flaspaq programmer to adjust the speedo for the larger tire size.

Before I adjusted the speedometer, I used my GPS as my speedometer, that's how I was able to tell how far off my speedometer was after putting the larger tires on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome