Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - View Single Post - Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Big Blue
Super Moderator
Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraygun View Post
Well since you now recognize this.Are you saying that that you are going to go easy on people now?
Some folks don't even use a computer.But they have access to a smart phone.
Jumping on every person that signs up, ain't working.
What is the solution?
First off, let's get something straight - I don't jump on every person that signs up - and with the whopping 30 posts you have on this the forum in over 3 1/2 years as a member @Spraygun - you're definitely not in any position to give an accurate depiction of what I do, or don't do on this forum on a daily basis - because you don't spend very much time here.

Secondly - I don't work for you - and I definitely don't answer to you, so, you'd better check your tone and re-think your position here.

I'm here every day, day in and day out doing my best to keep things on this forum running smoothly - the people that I jump on (if that's what you want to call it) are the people don't read the PM's that they are sent by me, before they ever make a post on the forum, which have the required reading links in them, so they can read them and follow the simple instructions that are laid out, before they start posting on the forum.

It's pretty self-explanatory and quite frankly, it's frustrating at times when people just can't take 5 minutes to read what's required of them.

But there are always those few new members that don't, so, it's my job to make sure those members properly register and follow the forum rules - which to be blunt, is no concern of yours.

Using the smart-phone app/view to register, or browse the forum, is not an excuse for not reading the PM's they are sent, It's not an excuse for not reading the Required Reading stickies at the top of the New member section and it's not an excuse for not following clear and simple instructions before you start posting.

Now all that being said, the smart phone app/view can use some improvement in my opinion - that's why I'm addressing this with the administrators - to see if improvements can or can not be made. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into running this forum - and making modifications and/or changes can be time and resource consuming.

Hopefully the smart-phone app/view is something that can be improved upon.

If it was up to me, I would configure this website so that the smart-phone app/view would only be accessible when a new member receives their full user privileges - and not prior to that.

I think that would probably be the easiest solution for the technicians and that would definitely solve the issues that I've been running into, with new members trying to register from their smart phones and not properly completing their profiles, before they start posting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 12-06-2017 at 06:24 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome