Jeep Commander Forum banner

Recommendations for Dielectric grease ?

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  CharlesKnight 
#1 ·
I want to buy Dielectric grease as preparation for the next spark plugs change, any recommendations for a specific one? I searched in e-bay and found many types and brands!

#3 ·
Yeah Just go with any quality name brand. Its not an expensive product by any means so beating yourself up for a difference in price of $4 is kind of pointless.... spend $10 on a big tube of the name brand stuff and call it a day. One tube is pretty much a "life time buy" unless you're a mechanic that uses it daily.

#4 ·
FYI, I use Permatex dielectric tune-up grease, part number 22058.

My local autoparts store carries it... but its $9.26 on Amazon. I've done 5+ tuneups (one being a 16 plug hemi ) and have replaced a bunch of sensors for friends/family.... still have over half that tube left. :lol:

#6 ·
I recently had to replace my headlight bulbs and bought a small packet of the "bulb grease" for them at the same time. I figured a similar grease would be something good to use as I'm replacing misc electric components on my Commander. I recently replaced the Leak Detection pump and the Vapor Canister Purge Valve and figured I could have used some dielectric grease on each of their wiring connections. So I picked up a tube of the Permatex Dielectric Tune-Up Grease and also a can of WD40 contact cleaner.

Would there be an issue using either of these on the PCM?? I was going to disconnect each of the connectors on the PCM, spray them up with the contact cleaner, them them dry / air out, put some of the dielectric grease on the connections and then reconnect everything. Seemed simple enough, but didn't want to cause any problems, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.