sluggish accelration after trans. rebuild - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Points: 9,702, Level: 66 Points: 9,702, Level: 66 Points: 9,702, Level: 66
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

sluggish accelration after trans. rebuild

I recently had my transmission rebuilt and now that I have it back my mpg and acceleration is terrible. Has anyone ever seen or experienced this? Any insight would be mucho appreciated.
Thanks

'06 silver 4.7 4x4, 2" Rough Country lift, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 17 x 8.5 MB V-Drive wheels, AEM Brute Force CAI, Optima Red Top, Bilstein HD struts up front, and a couple really cool stickers that add somewhere between 10-13 HP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

rebuilt transmission oh my goodness how may miles do you have?

2006 jeep commander many mods.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer recovery team View Post
rebuilt transmission oh my goodness how may miles do you have?
Yeah...tell me about it. I fried it in a mud field I should've never gone to in the first place. Got stuck....burnt it up trying to get out. I had around 53K on it. Ran great before all this, even now, it doesn't feel smooth as glass like prior to my mudhole experience. Tonight it actually stalled on me as I slowed to go over a speedbump...kinda shuddered then just died. It started right back up afterwards, but I'm still very concerned.

'06 silver 4.7 4x4, 2" Rough Country lift, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 17 x 8.5 MB V-Drive wheels, AEM Brute Force CAI, Optima Red Top, Bilstein HD struts up front, and a couple really cool stickers that add somewhere between 10-13 HP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

God I hate mud for reasons exactly like this. Did they put the trans in learn mode? that could be whats going on or it needs to be done not sure.

Stop by and like the page

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL View Post
God I hate mud for reasons exactly like this. Did they put the trans in learn mode? that could be whats going on or it needs to be done not sure.
They "said" they did... If the hadn't...would it learn on its own after a while?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
They "said" they did... If the hadn't...would it learn on its own after a while?
Yes, it just takes longer for it to adapt.

Check if you hae any DTC's.

I'd take it back and complain, they may have messed up doing the rebuild, it almost sounds like the TC is NOT locking/unlocking when it should, but that is just a guess.

The computer controls the trans by using solenoids to move valves controlling the hydrualics. They could have messed up any number of small things in the trans that could cause big things NOT to work correctly, its NOT necessarily electronic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in