HELP: floor board leak - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HELP: floor board leak

My drivers side floorboard fills with water every time it rains. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Points: 9,538, Level: 65 Points: 9,538, Level: 65 Points: 9,538, Level: 65
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Overland
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 126000
I think I've seen posts on that around here. Try a search. use the Google Search in the upper left corner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Overland with all the options (including boulder-kissed bumper)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenille View Post
My drivers side floorboard fills with water every time it rains. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!
Do you have a sunroof? If so, your sunroof drains may be clogged. Search "sunroof". If not, windshield or door seals. The door seals act as your rain gutter, and may not fit correctly. Good luck.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Points: 1,291, Level: 19 Points: 1,291, Level: 19 Points: 1,291, Level: 19
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
Do you have a sunroof? If so, your sunroof drains may be clogged. Search "sunroof". If not, windshield or door seals. The door seals act as your rain gutter, and may not fit correctly. Good luck.
That might explain why when I open my driverside door after a few days of not driving it water pours out. Lol
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Points: 5,080, Level: 45 Points: 5,080, Level: 45 Points: 5,080, Level: 45
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

Mine was on the passenger side, I would see water dripping on the grab handle, by the morning after a rain it was full of water... I tried the sunroof drains, not it! Tried the windshield, Not it! Tried the door seals, Not it! I finally found it.. Under the blad rubber door seal is a black plastic trim piece that has 5 allen head screws, i pulled that off to find that the seam seal between the roof and a pillar was pulled away and not sealing so the water was being trapped an entered in that spot. Since the winter hit it was too cold to redo the seam seal, i put duct tape over it, put the trim back on and it hasnt leaked all winter, just waiting for warmer temps to reseal with seam sealer...

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7L HEMI, Flowmaster SUV 50 series muffler, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, RC 2" Lift, Firestone Destination AT 245-75-17, 1.5 " spacers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,435, Level: 100 Points: 59,435, Level: 100 Points: 59,435, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted289 View Post
Mine was on the passenger side, I would see water dripping on the grab handle, by the morning after a rain it was full of water... I tried the sunroof drains, not it! Tried the windshield, Not it! Tried the door seals, Not it! I finally found it.. Under the blad rubber door seal is a black plastic trim piece that has 5 allen head screws, i pulled that off to find that the seam seal between the roof and a pillar was pulled away and not sealing so the water was being trapped an entered in that spot. Since the winter hit it was too cold to redo the seam seal, i put duct tape over it, put the trim back on and it hasnt leaked all winter, just waiting for warmer temps to reseal with seam sealer...
Please post pics of the area you are talking about to help others. Thanks.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Sunroof drains clogging and windshield leaks are the most common source of water, at least from what I gather from reading posts about it on the forum.

More than one posts has shown wet floorboards were really the result of leaks in the already mentioned areas, running down the side of the interior of the vehicle, under the interior trim covers and collecting in the carpet.

So, if the only sign of a leak is water collecting on the floor, you can find the leak, give due consideration its one of the more common leaks, you just can't see the water running down the inside of the vehicle from its source.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in