speedometer and RPM guage swap - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

speedometer and RPM guage swap

First of all I want to apologize, I am a Noob here. 33 years old and owned Jeeps since I was 16. I never remember my dad not having a Jeep too. Anyways we just popped out a third kid and the wife had the balls to ask me to get a minivan....the hell with that, I bought a Commander instead! So the absolute ONLY issue I have had with my 2010 Commander is the Speedometer and RPM gauges need to be switched. I have been driving it for a month and I just can't take it...I swear I am going to get a ticket soon!

So I am wondering, can they be switched? Simply swapping sides, RPM is on the right now, I want it on the left and have my speedometer on the right side instead of the left...is that clear enough....sorry hard to type what I visualize Has anyone attempted this? If the information system and such was not integrated, I would not hesitate to try this. I am not new to Jeep upgrading and MODS, done it my whole life. In fact I have already had the dash off to install a Parrot Bluetooth system. Just never took the time to look at the gauges. Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Sorry, no advice, just wanted to welcome yo to the Forum.

2006 Limited, Light Khaki Metallic, Light Graystone/Dark Khaki Leather, HEMI, QDII, Rear DVD, REC Nav w/09 Database, woody side, EGR hood deflector, AEM Gun Metal Brute Force CAI, tilting rearview mirrors.
“I did not enter politics out of philanthropy but rather as an extension of my own annoyance at having inherited freedoms infringed by power-crazed idiots spouting gibberish”. Nigel Farage MEP; Leader, UK Independence Party
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Points: 9,538, Level: 65 Points: 9,538, Level: 65 Points: 9,538, Level: 65
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Overland
4WD
Current Mileage: 126000
seems like a strange request. Any chance you'll just get used to it? It often just takes some time to settle in to a car.

When we first got our Jeep, I would find myself reaching for the column shifter like we had in the Tahoe. Now it's second nature to reach for the shifter in the correct place.

The other thing you might do is to block off the tachometer with a piece of cardboard so your eyes are drawn to the speedometer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Overland with all the options (including boulder-kissed bumper)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Trust me, if I could get used to it I would not even think about posting this I have owner her for a not now, and just not finding it capable of getting used to.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Points: 17,117, Level: 83 Points: 17,117, Level: 83 Points: 17,117, Level: 83
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

Own a Commander?: No
Trim Package: Sport
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
The problem is that everything is in the circuit board. This is just a thought but, if you can jump the circuit board to the servo (or whatever you call it that turns the needle) then you can (presuming the servo's are different for RPM and speed) swap the two servos so now you have the speedo on the right. This would solve the left right issue, now you can get a custom printed face with the two guages the way you want and any design you like. I don't have a link to the custom cluster face people but there are a few that do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,473, Level: 100 Points: 59,473, Level: 100 Points: 59,473, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 77% Activity: 77% Activity: 77%

Trim Package: Limited
4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by YB Normyl View Post
The problem is that everything is in the circuit board. This is just a thought but, if you can jump the circuit board to the servo (or whatever you call it that turns the needle) then you can (presuming the servo's are different for RPM and speed) swap the two servos so now you have the speedo on the right. This would solve the left right issue, now you can get a custom printed face with the two guages the way you want and any design you like. I don't have a link to the custom cluster face people but there are a few that do it.
I'm thinking he solved it one way or another since this thread is a year old -- just sayin'.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:51 PM

2WD
lol the thread came up on a search for speedometer calibration. I was looking for different options to recalibrate and this intrigued me. I didn't even look at the year, lol.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator is what your looking for. It even works for gear swaps. Just recently swapped 3.73's into my friends 05 WK 3.7 liter that originally came with 3.07s

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM

2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator is what your looking for. It even works for gear swaps. Just recently swapped 3.73's into my friends 05 WK 3.7 liter that originally came with 3.07s
Thanks, Is that the one that plugs in the back of the speedo that they have or the scam/programmer?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Tags
2010 jeep commander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in