Thanks and fairwell - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanks and fairwell

Just wanted to thank everyone here for all of the helpfull info provided. I did not post much but enjoyed following the forum. I recently traded in my 06 Commander which I greatly enjoyed but alas, the poor MPG finally got to me. Picked up a nice Volvo wagon and have been happy thus far. So its over to the Volvo forums. Fairwell!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Sorry to see you go, best of luck. Post again and let us know how you like your Volvo Wagon?

I apologize to everyone about being a downer always complaining about the Dealerships and all the Proprietary Locks Chrysler designs into the vehicles. They make some good vehicles and have some good and innovative designs.

Unfortunately, you'll find Volvo has proprietary locks designed in their vehicels as well.

After you've had some time to get used to your Volvo, do us a favor and post back, lets us know how the Dealerships compare and if encounter the same frustrations with Proprietary locks with your Volvo as the Commander.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Points: 8,022, Level: 60 Points: 8,022, Level: 60 Points: 8,022, Level: 60
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
I'm leaving too, I bought a minivan.

LOL yeah right.

You're one of those idots that bought a 5,000 pound box and complains about gas mileage.

I wonder what's the shortest post Mongos ever made?

Last edited by Briandl; 06-09-2011 at 03:36 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Points: 8,101, Level: 60 Points: 8,101, Level: 60 Points: 8,101, Level: 60
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

No reason to insult the dude.... he didn't post a thread complaining about gas mileage, just that was one of the reasons he decided to trade up. That doesn't make him an idiot, that makes him a consumer with changing needs/wants.

Good luck with the Volvo. They make some nice rides!

-Matt
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandl View Post

LOL yeah right. That's funny

You're one of those idiots that bought a 5,000 pound box and complains about gas mileage. That's kinda of rude he did keep it 5 years

I wonder what's the shortest post Mongos ever made? Probably a 200 word reply.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Points: 8,022, Level: 60 Points: 8,022, Level: 60 Points: 8,022, Level: 60
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
If he bought it new and kept it five years then I'm totally wrong. If he bought it in late 2009 and sold it two years later he can suck it. But seriously, if he kept it for five years seems strange to sell it based on gas mileage, there must have been other factors.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%

Another one bites the dust, and another one gone and another one gone. Another one bites the dust! Good luck. I like my Nitro, but I pine for my Commander!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

Fear not....those trade in Commanders go to new owners.....hopefully some will stop in down the road!

Rob

|
|
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Points: 9,847, Level: 66 Points: 9,847, Level: 66 Points: 9,847, Level: 66
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%

4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 57200
Commanders are becomming more and more numerous in my area. I think more people can afford a used one as opposed to the higher new price.

I do not know any of the owners in my area. My XK is the only modified one around here. I have not had the opportunity to bump into another owner at the gas station, grocery store, etc.

We don't have a large Jeep enthusiast base around here. Most people with GCs and Commanders do not use them off pavement. Getting Buffy to ballet lessons when it is snowing seems to be the biggest reason for most people to own an SUV.

I personally can't wait until 2010 XKs become depreciated so I can upgrade down the road.

"Why is it that everything I find enjoyable is fattening, immoral, or illegal?"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandl View Post

LOL yeah right.

You're one of those idots that bought a 5,000 pound box and complains about gas mileage.

I wonder what's the shortest post Mongos ever made?

Wow that's a bit harsh don't you think. Becuase I am leaving I did not feel the need to elaborate as to all the problems my Commander has suffered but I will now; I bought it used in 08 (4.7L) as a CPO and owned it 3 years after owning a 4Runner for many years and a Trooper prior to that, so I am no stranger to larger SUV's and the fuel usage associated with their ownership. Although th realy tried to love teh Commadnder and in certain respects did, its problems and horid fuel consumption were too much. I was lucky to get 11mpg in town, where I do most of my driving. I kept it very well serviced and tunned. Tire pressure correct, used good fuel, clean filters and everything I could do.

Other than that, it suffered the trans line leaks, water pump failure @ 40K miles, every damn bulb on the truck would blow out constantly, both front and read headlight assemblies took on condensation (about $350.00 per ligh to fix btw). Various plastic bits constantly falling off the truck, seat skirts, shift knob, een the damn wheel well lining came loose. I was just at the end. My Toyota and Isuzu were great, drove them, mileage was acceptable, and had little to no trouble. I was simply spending too much money to maintain this truck. The dealer was great btw and tried to work with me when they could.

I have always liked wagons and Volvos so when I saw a great deal on a lightly used CPO V50 with 20K miles I traded in the Jeep. Got a fair price for it. The Volvo dealer i bought it from is also ownes a Jeep dealership so that worked out well. I am happy with the Volvo thus far. Have only owend it for a few weeks so we shall see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in