Did I get a good deal? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Points: 7,139, Level: 55 Points: 7,139, Level: 55 Points: 7,139, Level: 55
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2010
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 88750
Garage
Did I get a good deal?

Hello everyone,

I just wanted some opinions on whether or not I landed a solid deal on my new commander.

I traded in my 2008 3.7L Sport XK w/ 54,000 miles on it.

I purchased a 2010 5.7L HEMI XK w/ 17,800 miles on it.

Exterior has a few dings/scratches that can be buffed. Interior has a few scratches and worn seats (I intend to have these re-finished). However, it is has leather, nav, moonroofs etc.

I ended up financing $20,132.63 for the 2010 after receiving $14,300 for my trade. I am getting a KBB trade-in-value on my new jeep of $28,000?

I just wanted other commander owners input on this deal. I was definitely hesitant going from a V6 3.7 to a V8 HEMI but I honestly do not see a big enough difference with fuel consumption, and the power is unbelievable in comparison.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Points: 2,179, Level: 28 Points: 2,179, Level: 28 Points: 2,179, Level: 28
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

Well, Im new to all of this aswell. I just purchased my first Commander last weekend. 2006, 4.7, with 85,000 miles on it. I truly love the thing by the way.

Anyways, I think the fact that you were able to get your 14,000 for any trade in is really great. Keep in mind, I purchased my 06 for 11,000, but it is in incredible condition. So I feel like I got a really good deal on that end...

Anyways, a 2010 jeep of any kind is going to be pretty expensive so I think you made out pretty good.

I would love to ask you though, how do you feel (in detail) the fuel consumption is between your old v6 and the new hemi?

I really wanted the V6 for better fuel economy, but everyone here said the 4.7 is really just about the same. Even on some of those fuel economy websites they both average out to be 15mpg...

I would really like to know what you think the difference is though seeing as in how you have owned both types (v8/v6). Thanks in advance and congratulations on you new jeep!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Garage
I owned the V6 for about 1 1/2 years and I did love it; however, the stories of it being underpowered I have to say are true. Anytime I wanted to pass someone or merge....I'd hear the engine crying. This is just my personal opinion. I am completely in love with the hemi engine as it is night and day compared to the V6, and all the bells and whistles are very nice!

Regarding fuel consumption, I think city driving the hemi is a little worse then e V6 but honestly not that much IMHO. I can not see any difference what so ever on the highway....especially on cruise control.

Overall, my love for the commander has increased so much soley off the hemi engine lol its a much more enjoyable ride

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Garage
To add....

I test drove he 4.7 V8 and that was also much better then the V6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in